• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Playoffs 2022

Is Calgary stupid or something? Why are they trying to play Edmonton Oiler hockey? Sutter knows full well this is not how you beat that team, as almost did LA. Or maybe Calgary can't play tight hockey any more than Edmonton can.

Way too much space out there. Maybe St. Louis is the best team in the west after all.

Duncan Keith and McDavid have incredible chemistry on the ice…they find one another on the ice like they’ve been playing years together

Keith has been very important for Oilers so far in these playoffs (irregardless of his point total)

Is Calgary stupid or something? Why are they trying to play Edmonton Oiler hockey? Sutter knows full well this is not how you beat that team, as almost did LA. Or maybe Calgary can't play tight hockey any more than Edmonton can.

Way too much space out there. Maybe St. Louis is the best team in the west after all.
Who is Cgy’s shutdown C - equivalent of Danault? They’ve got good C, but defensively Backlund isn’t as good a fit for that role

Avs next 2GP in STL will be a real challenge, I suspect. I’m seeing a lot of the Leafs in the Avs - lots of glitz but no killer instinct to pay the price for winning. I.e Stamkos & Kucherov sacrificing body for shot blocking etc..

Who is Cgy’s shutdown C - equivalent of Danault? They’ve got good C, but defensively Backlund isn’t as good a fit for that role

Avs next 2GP in STL will be a real challenge, I suspect. I’m seeing a lot of the Leafs in the Avs - lots of glitz but no killer instinct to pay the price for winning. I.e Stamkos & Kucherov sacrificing body for shot blocking etc..
I don't think that's unfair. St. Louis was able to slow the game down in Game 2, which goes much more to their strengths than Colorado's.

If you're not able to slowdown Colorado, you're as good as dead. They will skate circles around you.

If St. Louis is able to force their gameplan on Colorado in the next two games, I have zero trust in Darcy Kuemper to make the necessary saves.

Also, not interested in ever again hearing how McDavid needs to play more defense for his team to win.

Let that guy make fools out of these other dudes he's playing against and the 22 other players on his team can compensate. When he's posting > 2 points / game, his defense means nothing to me.

And frankly, the threat of him on the ice is defense enough, knowing you can't go too risk crazy because you just need one good pass with him in stride and he's off to the races.

Also, not interested in ever again hearing how McDavid needs to play more defense for his team to win.

Let that guy make fools out of these other dudes he's playing against and the 22 other players on his team can compensate. When he's posting > 2 points / game, his defense means nothing to me.

And frankly, the threat of him on the ice is defense enough, knowing you can't go too risk crazy because you just need one good pass with him in stride and he's off to the races.
Fact is McDavid’s defensive coverage & more importantly game situation decision making has improved drastically after the first few games vs Kings.

He’s focused on it now…it’s was very evident in the game 7 2-0 win vs Kings.

For all.of Zeke's pronouncements about how "the west is shit", all you need to do is watch tonight's game between the Blues and Avs to know that either one of them would absolutely annihilate the Leafs.

And that second Blues goal is why I have zero confidence in Kuemper. You can't give up that rebound.

I don't know the Florida team very well. But based on what I've heard and the regular season record, I assumed they were pretty good. Watching a bit of the game today, and it seems to me they have gone flatter than we did last year in the finals. Tampa gathering steam.....

Last edited:
It was always an overrated team that played regular season hockey.

They would have been a great home for players like Tomas Tatar.

Back