• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Playoffs 2022

Woodcroft has been good but I'm not sure how much I want to credit Holland or Woodcroft for McDavid and Leon going nuclear.

Oilers barely beat a shit team missing their best player.
Playoffs once again proving, success is primarily driven by favorable matchups

It's so weird.

I have no idea why the NYR looked so mediocre against Pittsburgh, and barely won against a third-string career backup & concussing Crosby, and then look so much better against Carolina. And Carolina looked way better against Bawstun, a team that I wouldn't have been shocked if they had made a significant push in these playoffs.

Same thing with Tampa. They didn't look nearly as good against Toronto as they do against Florida.

As the old saying goes, styles make fights.

Boy, Mike Smith is almost like, hey, we want to play more hockey games than we should!

Meanwhile, I bet at NHL HQ in New York, they're talking amongst themselves with their glasses of expensive scotch and convinced that this series is bad for the NHL. Too many goals, too much fun, we need less of this.

Boy, Lindholm tried an open ice hit on Hyman only to end up flat on his back.

What a game.

The goaltending in this series is comically bad. Smith and Markstrom remind me of the Vincent Donofrio character in Full Metal Jacket. At some point, their own teammates just want to beat the shit out of them.

Back