• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Playoffs 2022

So 2018 Canada WJC apparently gang-raped a girl after a caritative golf tournament, wtf?

I can't remember who was on that team? Given the treatment Mailoux recieved this unacceptable incident should have severe consequence.

The Florida series sucked.

The Edmonton-Calgary series, however, top notch. Scoring opportunities, lead changes, unexpected developments, great hockey.

Those of you further west than me seemed to enjoy the series. But to me, regardless of the calibre of hockey, I found both Ed/Cal and TBay/Fl to be a bit overblown. There really wasn't much of a battle in either case-too onesided. 9 games to play 2 series. Little doubt in either case which team was better.

Only game 3 in Oilers/Flames was not close, all other 4 games were crazy back and forth hockey.

Tampa/Florida was a bore.

That’s been the greatest growth since Brieebois took over as GM - never saw that growth under Stevie Y
You are not giving Yzerman his due....he started the whole change in Tampa....they probably still win those Cups with him as GM...Brisebois hired Cooper, but Cooper would have been hired anyways under Yzerman (Brisebois was his assistant GM)

Best series since the Chicago - LA Western Conference finals from 2014. I still have game 5 on my hard drive. What a great series.
A series that only goes 5 games can’t be referred to as a “best series since . . .” regardless of the quality of the 5 games.

You are not giving Yzerman his due....he started the whole change in Tampa....they probably still win those Cups with him as GM...Brisebois hired Cooper, but Cooper would have been hired anyways under Yzerman (Brisebois was his assistant GM)
Stevie Y excelled at identifying the offensive talent but struggled at finding the character/ grit for playoffs which Brisebois has excelled at

Stevie Y excelled at identifying the offensive talent but struggled at finding the character/ grit for playoffs which Brisebois has excelled at
I would say Yzerman's task of finding offensive talent is way more important to building a championship team than finding character/grit players. Yzerman basically did the heavy lifting...

Back