• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumors: 2024-25 Season

I take all rumors with a spoonful of salt, but that’s a weird negotiation tactic if true, probably to force being traded.
The same as*hole McGroarty spoke kindly of the Jets org over the course of last few months… something happened to poison the relationship

That package with Hutson is a no go (maybe Mailloux too), Xhekaj is more realistic.

That said, if he has these demands, Montreal might not be the greatest fit either. We all know it's a fun city but it's still in Canada, the same thing could happen to us in three years.

The same as*hole McGroarty spoke kindly of the Jets org over the course of last few months… something happened to poison the relationship

To me the bar is set then. I think Gauthier is a better player. A late first and Mailloux is plenty.

1720795189019.png

If the issue is burning a year of the contract, which is usually the main preoccupation of NCAA players and their agents, then Winnipeg already burnt that boat. It seems so petty, and would have been low cost for the Jets. They were comfortably qualified for the playoffs and it would have made no difference.

But, maybe it was something else that irked them that was not petty. Might be a red flag there.

If the issue is burning a year of the contract, which is usually the main preoccupation of NCAA players and their agents, then Winnipeg already burnt that boat. It seems so petty, and would have been low cost for the Jets. They were comfortably qualified for the playoffs and it would have made no difference.

But, maybe it was something else that irked them that was not petty. Might be a red flag there.
Looks to me he's asking for a spot on the big club.

Not dressing Perfetti in the playoffs till the elimination game, I don’t think goes over well w NCAA types who now wield negotiation leverage…

Reactions: CH1
Demanding to be on the PP makes it look like BS.
I think so too. Either way, just in case it's still confusing on our CGY pick for taking Monahan (still can't believe Hugh's coup here) that's a part of this rumour...

For 2025, if both Calgary and Florida picks are not in the bottom 10, then we get the better of the two picks in 2025. If Calgary’s pick is top 10 and Florida’s pick is not top 10, then we get Florida’s pick.

If we get very lucky (anything is possible) and Florida finishes bottom 10, then:

- If both Florida and Calgary finish bottom 10 and Calgary's pick is not 1st overall, we get Calgary's 2025 pick (best case is 2nd overall)
- If both Florida and Calgary finish bottom 10 and Calgary's pick IS 1st overall, then we get a 2025 3rd round pick from Calgary AND the better of Calgary's or Florida's 2026 1st round picks, unprotected. So a slim chance at 1st overall in 2026.

IMO, just based on all that, I don't trade away the potential at 2 chances (our pick) in 2026 (as slim as it is for the Mony pick) for Mackenna PLUS two recent 1st round pick prospects. I simply don't think its worth it for a prospect like McGroarty.

Not dressing Perfetti in the playoffs till the elimination game, I don’t think goes over well w NCAA types who now wield negotiation leverage…

I think Groats insisted that he be handled differently than Perfetti. That would rub me the wrong way if I’m the Jets

Back