• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumors: 2024-25 Season

I think so too. Either way, just in case it's still confusing on our CGY pick for taking Monahan (still can't believe Hugh's coup here) that's a part of this rumour...

For 2025, if both Calgary and Florida picks are not in the bottom 10, then we get the better of the two picks in 2025. If Calgary’s pick is top 10 and Florida’s pick is not top 10, then we get Florida’s pick.

If we get very lucky (anything is possible) and Florida finishes bottom 10, then:

- If both Florida and Calgary finish bottom 10 and Calgary's pick is not 1st overall, we get Calgary's 2025 pick (best case is 2nd overall)
- If both Florida and Calgary finish bottom 10 and Calgary's pick IS 1st overall, then we get a 2025 3rd round pick from Calgary AND the better of Calgary's or Florida's 2026 1st round picks, unprotected. So a slim chance at 1st overall in 2026.

IMO, just based on all that, I don't trade away the potential at 2 chances (our pick) in 2026 (as slim as it is for the Mony pick) for Mackenna PLUS two recent 1st round pick prospects. I simply don't think its worth it for a prospect like McGroarty.
I’m not that attached to that pick, I don’t see a realistic scenario where Florida is a top 10 pick.

I think Groats insisted that he be handled differently than Perfetti. That would rub me the wrong way if I’m the Jets
Its not as if he will be spending many years in the minors

He is being a dick but bent nose should off given his few games last year , common with all top end NCAA players.

Its not as if he will be spending many years in the minors

He is being a dick but bent nose should off given his few games last year , common with all top end NCAA players.
Given games and guaranteeing a roster spot are two different things

I’m not that attached to that pick, I don’t see a realistic scenario where Florida is a top 10 pick.
Never say never , all it takes is 1 BOBO major injury plus 2 straight finals hangovers

I like to work with certainties when our pick is known

Never say never , all it takes is 1 BOBO major injury plus 2 straight finals hangovers

I like to work with certainties when our pick is known
They have goaltending depth, and just too much depth overall. It would a LOTS of injuries to derail them.

Not dressing Perfetti in the playoffs till the elimination game, I don’t think goes over well w NCAA types who now wield negotiation leverage…
They are run like the cheap organization they are and burning a year? Omg!

Though I should add the Flames will probably be way worse than mediocre, so we will very likely have the Panthers very late pick

Back