• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumors: 2024-25 Season

So apparently Vancouver's done negotiating with Horvat and they're planning on trading him before the deadline.

...Which I don't think is the worst of decisions in the grand scheme of things. It's just funny how Vancouver went all in and they're going to have to let go of their best player because of it.

I love Horvat. To me, he's the prototypical #2 center on a championship winning team.

But there's no way in hell I'm giving him his next contract.

7 or 8 years @ probably $8M+? For a 0.7 to 0.75PPG center about to turn 28? That has disaster written all over it.

So apparently Vancouver's done negotiating with Horvat and they're planning on trading him before the deadline.

...Which I don't think is the worst of decisions in the grand scheme of things. It's just funny how Vancouver went all in and they're going to have to let go of their best player because of it.

I love Horvat. To me, he's the prototypical #2 center on a championship winning team.

7 or 8 years @ probably $8M+? For a 0.7 to 0.75PPG center about to turn 28? That has disaster written all over it.
So why bother inking Miller , Nucks are dumb

If another team signs him to those numbers and they win a cup it isn't a disaster..

Van beat writer Farhan Lalji thinks Nucks are interested in a Money-hands for Boeser swap to slot in post Horvat deal

If another team signs him to those numbers and they win a cup it isn't a disaster..
But that's the thing. Which Cup contender, or team that's on the verge of being a Cup contender, is going to sign him?

All of those teams who are Cup contenders or on the verge don't have the money for a player like Borvat. They've allocated all of their money to their own core of players. There's a reason why Colorado didn't re-sign Kadri, Burakovsky & Kuemper.

Horvat's going to end up on a team like Chicago, I would bet. Anaheim, San Jose, maybe Phoenix. There's not a ton of teams that have $8M+ to spare for a UFA, especially not on contending teams. And those four teams are light years away from being considered contenders. Let's say they all get their shit together and they start moving towards that. It's not going to be overnight, it's going to take 3 to 5 years each. By the time they get there, Horvat's going to be in his early 30s and most likely on the decline.

But that's the thing. Which Cup contender, or team that's on the verge of being a Cup contender, is going to sign him?

All of those teams who are Cup contenders or on the verge don't have the money for a player like Borvat. They've allocated all of their money to their own core of players. There's a reason why Colorado didn't re-sign Kadri, Burakovsky & Kuemper.

Horvat's going to end up on a team like Chicago, I would bet. Anaheim, San Jose, maybe Phoenix. There's not a ton of teams that have $8M+ to spare for a UFA, especially not on contending teams. And those four teams are light years away from being considered contenders. Let's say they all get their shit together and they start moving towards that. It's not going to be overnight, it's going to take 3 to 5 years each. By the time they get there, Horvat's going to be in his early 30s and most likely on the decline.
He is still worth that money and signing him may or may not be a disaster even if a team does not win the cup..

Its only term that is the killer

4-5 years is not bad

The situation is different but Kadri at 7/7 at 32 is worse

Back