• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumors: 2024-25 Season

No one’s giving up a first for a guy “who doesn’t know how to play hockey”… and who’s been hurt the whole year

Gudas is their only pending UFA - he’s not getting a first.

Bennett & Verhaeghe have 3-4 years left on their deals and don’t think Fla is in any hurry to deal them..

What was the Monahan deal again, there’s a possibility to get Fla 2025 1st via some permutation & combination of the agreement?

Last edited:
No one’s giving up a first for a guy “who doesn’t know how to play hockey”… and who’s been hurt the whole year

Gudas is their only pending UFA - he’s not getting a first.

Bennett & Verhaeghe have 3-4 years left on their deals and don’t think Fla is in any hurry to deal them..

What was the Monahan deal again, there’s a possibility to get Fla 2025 1st?
2 page flow chart to figure that out

Per McCagg’s sources, Habs have no intention of using either of their 1st round picks on Michkov even if he’s available

Assuming we’re drafting top 6-7, might have to take a center, as it could be our last chance to nab one that high in the draft. Smith, Ritchie or Yager if the top 3 are gone by then? I don’t think any of those three are comparable to KK, who literally came out of nowhere in the spring of his draft year.

Last edited:
I think there's a much better chance we're fighting for the #1 overall pick next season than we are fighting for a playoff spot.

This team isn't anywhere close to being good enough.

Will Smith in the 6 to 8 range is my guy. How Calum Ritchie is ranked that high at this point in the season is puzzling to me.

There were rumors last draft that the Habs were staying completely away from Russian players due to the war in Ukraine, wouldn't surprise me if they did the same thing again this year.

I think there's a much better chance we're fighting for the #1 overall pick next season than we are fighting for a playoff spot.

This team isn't anywhere close to being good enough.

Will Smith in the 6 to 8 range is my guy. How Calum Ritchie is ranked that high at this point in the season is puzzling to me.
Who projects to be better, Smith or Cooley?

Probably Will Smith? Haven't watched Will Smith play, but from what I've read, Cooley might have a greater upside should he reach it, but Will Smith has a more well-rounded game.

Probably Will Smith? Haven't watched Will Smith play, but from what I've read, Cooley might have a greater upside should he reach it, but Will Smith has a more well-rounded game.
Almost every single mock draft simulation I've run had us taking either Yager or Sale. Now I'm thinking one of those guys will be a Hab.

Michael Russo (The Athletic): "Elias is gonna wanna move on ... there is some behind-the-scenes stuff that will make him want to go elsewhere"

Russo goes on to say that it's "not his style" to just throw rumours out there without any information to back them up … “some gut & a little bit of knowledge”

Would look mighty fine as Habs 1C, dare I say I would offer up Suzuki in a package if Habs land Bedard…

Last edited:

Michael Russo (The Athletic): "Elias is gonna wanna move on ... there is some behind-the-scenes stuff that will make him want to go elsewhere"

Russo goes on to say that it's "not his style" to just throw rumours out there without any information to back them up … “some gut & a little bit of knowledge”

Would look mighty fine as Habs 1C, dare I say I would offer up Suzuki in a package if Habs land Bedard…
10+ mil for EP

Back