• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Season Ending State of the Union / Expansion Draft Thread

Exactly what I hope they would do with Danault. Go test the market then come back to us. I think Phil overestimate his value.

Exactly what I hope they would do with Danault. Go test the market then come back to us. I think Phil overestimate his value.
I suspect most UFAs will overestimate and come to realize the new post Covid economic reality...like Hall, Hoffman etc last off-season.

It’s interesting teams are simply telling their UFAs go find out for yourselves and come back if interested - Hamilton, Hyman, now Danault.

Seth Jones has been getting good advice to wait it out another year to hit the open market before agreeing to an extension ...unless someone overpays now

I suspect most UFAs will overestimate and come to realize the new post Covid economic reality...like Hall, Hoffman etc last off-season.

It’s interesting teams are simply telling their UFAs go find out for yourselves and come back if interested - Hamilton, Hyman, now Danault.

Seth Jones has been getting good advice to wait it out another year to hit the open market before agreeing to an extension ...unless someone overpays now

Studs like Jones will get paid in any scenario

The secondary market like Hall , Dano , etc....will get their nuts squeezed

Agree, I guess it will be the first time for years where not to many players will be “overpaid” as teams can not afford it. I guess we will see a lot of short term contracts.

If Danault had accepted that 6 x $5 million offer I'd have wanted Bergevin fired even more than I already do. We need to stop paying plough horses like they're thoroughbreds. If you can't score, you don't make big money, full stop. Danault can go eat pizza someplace else.

Dude, $5M is average money.

My concern is more about term.
The average NHL salary is $2.55 million USD, not $5 million. But yes, there is a much higher chance of having buyer's remorse due to term length than money. But right now because of the cap staying flat GM's have to be more careful. They can't count on the cap automatically going up every year.

Not the literal average. Average in the sense of what a top 9 player and reliable PKer gets. He ain’t part of the group making 750K or on an ELC, which biases the literal average. He’s definitely in the $millions group, but not a big money guy i.e. 8M+

Back