• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Season Ending State of the Union / Expansion Draft Thread

Save our picks to make team better. Absolutely trade our 1st rounder+ for something. This years draft sucks. Allen sucks to lose but can fill in with Primeau or cheap backup and maximize cap space to our advantage. Just need to make sure we get a big signing or trade to make it worth jt

There will be lots of good quality goalies for Seattle to choose from: I suspect they will go with a young one (Samsonov who Caps will apparently expose) teamed with a more seasoned vet (Bishop, Holtby or Quick) - the latter 3-have proven to be able to take on a full seasons workload (if need be) during their career, Allen never has been able to, but Allen is a cheaper option

There are other goalies available.

Driedger as UFA
Word is they're high on Hill out of AZ.
Bishop
Khudobin

So many actually. It's not a given that they take Allen at his contract level.

I'm still leaning Kulak unless a side deal is made.

The issue is all about your team now and what the next few years look like before you pay a player

Dano at 5 mil for a bubble team is way different than TB retaining a 3rd liner in Gourde at 5 mil

5 mil for a third liner on a team that most likely misses the playoffs that is in his late 20`s may not be ideal in a flat cap

Contending teams are a better fit where he can play role behind stars

I still find it unbelievable how he was our leading forward in playoff minutes and scored 1 goal in 22 games , will never happen with any other team

The idea that he in insulation for KK and Nick is nice , but if if has to play a key role we are in trouble

Well he played a key role and we went to the finals.

There are other goalies available.

Driedger as UFA
Word is they're high on Hill out of AZ.
Bishop
Khudobin

So many actually. It's not a given that they take Allen at his contract level.

I'm still leaning Kulak unless a side deal is made.

There are also plenty of goalies for us to replace Allen with. I'd rather keep Allen but it is what it is.

I think Gm’s realized how much they got hosed in the last draft and how they collectively made Vegas a constant threat. They ain’t about to do it again. Francis ain’t getting his asking price

Back