• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Season Ending State of the Union / Expansion Draft Thread

Save our picks to make team better. Absolutely trade our 1st rounder+ for something. This years draft sucks. Allen sucks to lose but can fill in with Primeau or cheap backup and maximize cap space to our advantage. Just need to make sure we get a big signing or trade to make it worth jt
Keep our seconds and thirds , this year is a wild card draft

I think there's at least a 50% chance that this "Weber is done" story that ONLY Renaud Lavoie seems to have is a complete exaggeration planted with him by someone in the Habs front office to dissuade Seattle from taking him (not that they likely would anyway) so that Hair's favorite d-man (No. 8) is also on the protected list. I expect to see Weber back by no later than late October/early November (he has to miss some time for some credibility sake).

I think there's at least a 50% chance that this "Weber is done" story that ONLY Renaud Lavoie seems to have is a complete exaggeration planted with him by someone in the Habs front office to dissuade Seattle from taking him (not that they likely would anyway) so that Hair's favorite d-man (No. 8) is also on the protected list. I expect to see Weber back by no later than late October/early November (he has to miss some time for some credibility sake).
I think they'll actually Kucherov him. He's not done, but they'll use the LTIR relief to retool. He wears down quickly these days- wouldn't be surprised if they hold him out until the trade deadline

Re-No and LeBrun...the orgs two journalist moles

1626532585658.gif

The whole thing is bizarre.

he’s suffering through 3-4 career threatening injuries yet was able to play 25 mins a game until the last whistle

and now we’re led to believe that half man, half mountain that hates to be out of the lineup is ok to take a prolonged break

The whole thing is bizarre.

he’s suffering through 3-4 career threatening injuries yet was able to play 25 mins a game until the last whistle

and now we’re led to believe that half man, half mountain that hates to be out of the lineup is ok to take a prolonged break
And these past playoffs were likely his best performance in a Habs uni since being acquired

Watching the video of all the players going over to Weber after the loss leads me to believe they think he could be done.

definitely possible — 36 is not an age when you take a 1 yr medical break

will get more clarity after his next round of medical exams, conveniently occurring after the expansion draft

definitely possible — 36 is not an age when you take a 1 yr medical break

will get more clarity after his next round of medical exams, conveniently occurring after the expansion draft
The only time it’ll be clear is when he files retirement papers...which quite honestly I’d be shocked if it were ton occur

Lavoie is the perfect lapdog, he’s about as dumb as they come.

regardless, league officials are staying on top of the situation so it’s not so easy as Bergevin calling up his journo buddies to help him plant stories

The only time it’ll be clear is when he files retirement papers...which quite honestly I’d be shocked if it were ton occur

there is zero incentive to retire — Weber can collect every dime owed to him as he “rehabs” and the Habs and Preds suffer no punishment

We’ll know later today but I expect Weber to be protected.
I don’t think he’ll be protected but all Weber had to do is let it be known he won’t play if drafted, the way Spezza & Perry let it be know last season they wouldn’t report if claimed on waivers....does Seattle really want $7.5M dead cap space?

This is all optics & show.

Back