• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Season Ending State of the Union / Expansion Draft Thread

He’s got trade value but not really a deadline play as his elevated cap hit extends for 4 more years after next

I have one pressing question waiting to be answered this off-season, there seems to be an awful lot of GMs who’re telling their UFAs to test the market and come back if they don’t get any bites....why all of a sudden do GMs feel so secure doing so w top end talent (Hamilton, Landeskog etc)?

MLB style collusion circa 1987?

I think there's at least a 50% chance that this "Weber is done" story that ONLY Renaud Lavoie seems to have is a complete exaggeration planted with him by someone in the Habs front office to dissuade Seattle from taking him (not that they likely would anyway) so that Hair's favorite d-man (No. 8) is also on the protected list. I expect to see Weber back by no later than late October/early November (he has to miss some time for some credibility sake).
Yeah I said similar when it was announced but he won't be back early.

I don’t think he’ll be protected but all Weber had to do is let it be known he won’t play if drafted, the way Spezza & Perry let it be know last season they wouldn’t report if claimed on waivers....does Seattle really want $7.5M dead cap space?

This is all optics & show.
I don't think he can under expansion draft rules. He would have to retire.

I have one pressing question waiting to be answered this off-season, there seems to be an awful lot of GMs who’re telling their UFAs to test the market and come back if they don’t get any bites....why all of a sudden do GMs feel so secure doing so w top end talent (Hamilton, Landeskog etc)?

MLB style collusion circa 1987?

I had the same vibe —- it won’t be as bad but then again, all you need is one rogue owner to upset the plan.

“price discovery” is at play for sure... GMs are confident that they are on the right side of the large discrepancy between owners and agents

How does it work for Vegas in nets ? They cannot protect both goalies, who gets exposed ?

Seattle can just grab Fleury or Lehner no ?

If take Allen, just sign Bishop as backup….at this point, does Bishop think he’s getting starter money ?

He’ll be playing a lot anyways here

If take Allen, just sign Bishop as backup….at this point, does Bishop think he’s getting starter money ?

He’ll be playing a lot anyways here
Bishop has 2-years remaining on his contract at $4.9M...Allen provides the best bang for the buck of any experienced backup goalie capable of 35GP

Back