• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Season Ending State of the Union / Expansion Draft Thread

So I was thinking earlier, would Francis talk with Danault? He would want a Danault type center on his team. If he signs Danault the Habs are off the hook.

So I was thinking earlier, would Francis talk with Danault? He would want a Danault type center on his team. If he signs Danault the Habs are off the hook.

Habs are not off the hook, as French media will complain that Bergy had weeks to sign him before Seattle could

I'm not so sure they take Allen like some of you are, still think it's Kulak or Byron.

Honestly, I'm good with just letting take any one of the 3. All are replaceable through free agency. Habs should be in good shape capwise.

I think Seattle takes Byron. Has a reasonable cap hot for a team that needs to get to the floor. Good veteran foot soldier, will wear a letter, can play up and down the lineup, kill penalties etc

I think there are better, cheaper options than Allen unless Seattle takes him to flip him

It doesn’t seem like he does, or he would tell MB to give Phil what he wants,
Bergy will have a French player on the opening roster….Quebecor and Bell Media have more pull than you think….they need an easy postgame interview

Bergy will have a French player on the opening roster….Quebecor and Bell Media have more pull than you think….they need an easy postgame interview
Didn’t hear any complaining these past playoffs even after TBay won with more Francophone in the lineup

I think Seattle takes Byron. Has a reasonable cap hot for a team that needs to get to the floor. Good veteran foot soldier, will wear a letter, can play up and down the lineup, kill penalties etc

I think there are better, cheaper options than Allen unless Seattle takes him to flip him
They would be able to pick Byron off waivers next year if they want to, no point in using their expansion choice to pick him.

There’s > 90% chance they don’t bite on Price which means both Price/Allen come back

is Bergy feeling’ lucky?

They would be able to pick Byron off waivers next year if they want to, no point in using their expansion choice to pick him.
Not sure he’ll be on waivers. Unless there’s a taxi squad and we’re totally capped out. Don’t think the taxi squad will be a thing next season

There’s > 90% chance they don’t bite on Price which means both Price/Allen come back
It's a good strategy for the Habs IMO. If Price gets picked, all of a sudden you have an metric fuckton of cap space with Price, Weber et al off the books.

If he doesn't get picked... well I guess you have your tandem in tact.

I like option 1... as much as I love Price.

It's a good strategy for the Habs IMO. If Price gets picked, all of a sudden you have an metric fuckton of cap space with Price, Weber et al off the books.

If he doesn't get picked... well I guess you have your tandem in tact.

I like option 1... as much as I love Price.

It's definitely the best option, if Price is ok going with it

Back