• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Season Ending State of the Union / Expansion Draft Thread

Seems to be a consensus forming among the “insiders” that Seattle will take Jake Allen from us, barring a side-deal. That would be bad.

At this point it's a given with Weber injury, plus we made it easier on them by extending him. The good thing is that there will be plenty of goalies on free agency.

Not only is Allen credible, but he understands his role. Would be a shame to lose him after only one season (and after numerous seasons with scrubs and minor-leaguers.)

Not the literal average. Average in the sense of what a top 9 player and reliable PKer gets. He ain’t part of the group making 750K or on an ELC, which biases the literal average. He’s definitely in the $millions group, but not a big money guy i.e. 8M+

The issue is all about your team now and what the next few years look like before you pay a player

Dano at 5 mil for a bubble team is way different than TB retaining a 3rd liner in Gourde at 5 mil

5 mil for a third liner on a team that most likely misses the playoffs that is in his late 20`s may not be ideal in a flat cap

Contending teams are a better fit where he can play role behind stars

I still find it unbelievable how he was our leading forward in playoff minutes and scored 1 goal in 22 games , will never happen with any other team

The idea that he in insulation for KK and Nick is nice , but if if has to play a key role we are in trouble

No side deals....

Go get Fleury and have Vegas eat half his salary....and have him do his regular season mojo, and Price takes over in the playoffs (the story of Fleury's career after his 2009 Cup)

You guys do realize that it's not a very good draft and we pick 31st right?

I'd give up a second or third to steer them to Byron.

Back