• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Season Ending State of the Union / Expansion Draft Thread

What if the plan is for Seattle to claim price but trade him back to MTL while retaining some salary for some picks ? That would be a clever way to lessen price cap weight while keeping him?
With that amount of money, and Seattle forfeiting their MTL selection, the price might be KK.

The more I think about it, and with Angela's "wink wink" comment, the more I think you're right. Bergy, in his own words, feels like he has a father-son relationship with Price. If he's going to expose him he definitely has a plan with Francis. And no other plans make sense beside your take.

But again, I bet we give them KK for that.

Last edited:
With that amount of money, and Seattle forfeiting their MTL selection, the price might be KK.

The more I think about it, and with Angela's "wink wink" comment, the more I think you're right. Bergy, in his own words, feels like he has a father-son relationship with Price. If he's going to expose him he definitely has a plan with Francis. And no other plans make sense beside your take.

Once RP started playing, KK was going to get bumped down. His skating and defensive play isn't good enough for the fourth line anyways. I am so curious to see how this all plays out.

Hope it’s not KK but it would depends on how much money is retained. Could be our 1st or other picks and prospect.

Hope it’s not KK but it would depends on how much money is retained. Could be our 1st or other picks and prospect.
Highly doubt they pull this out for a pick given the price he was asking for "normal" cap dump. (First rounder). Now it's cap dump for the next 5 years + Jake Allen... has to be KK

I’ve heard it said Kotkaniemi has oodles of talent, but that he still reads and reacts as if on Euro ice and that undermines his whole game.

Yah I’m not sure about giving away such a young player. Basically we’d be giving up assets to put Allen on the protected list... which seems nuts. Just expose Allen and move on.

I guess this about making Price happy.

What if the plan is for Seattle to claim price but trade him back to MTL while retaining some salary for some picks ? That would be a clever way to lessen price cap weight while keeping him?

no need to overthink, this is simply a calculated gamble that Francis will stick with his tandem historical approach, to ensure Allen remains the teams backup next season

But... what if another team offers Seattle the moon for Price at 50%?
Price waived NMC exclusively for expansion draft, he has full control post draft & decides if & when he moves & where to

way too huge a gamble for Francis to take, and that’s MB & Price’s calculation on why Seattle won’t select him

this is creating way too much unnecessary drama

Once RP started playing, KK was going to get bumped down. His skating and defensive play isn't good enough for the fourth line anyways. I am so curious to see how this all plays out.
I'm not even sure Poehling is an NHL player.

What are the optics of already throwing away the 3rd pick from that draft already? Just to keep an extra goalie?

Back