• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Season Ending State of the Union / Expansion Draft Thread

That is perfectly logical.

And now here comes Rom Francis...
Francis history as GM clearly indicates he doesn’t value G position as high priority - never did anything to upgrade it during his Canes years. His focus was always on PMD - Hanifin, Ryan Murphy, Slavin, Pesce, Beane etc. Also, Francis has always preferred the tandem goalie approach which Allen, who it’s clear is the best bang for the buck goalie potentially available based on equal parts experience, 35-40GP performance and cap hit.

This is a calculated gamble based on Francis track record + Price’s cap hit that it’s not a preferred selection for Seattle

It would get spicy if Ron picked Price just to trade him back to the Habs for multiple assets

I wouldn't be shocked if Seattle gets tempted by Price. If it wasn't for the sticker Price, he'd be a perfect fit in many ways. I'd rate it at 50/50 right now.

Oh they're tempted still but in the end I think the accountants take over.
I don’t think it’s that big of a deal. Face of the franchise for a few years. Bringing instant fans from BC, and from the Habs fan base.

What about the owner?

Just paid $500M to join the cartel. He might want the big splash, even if $11M in real money is paid out in September.

Back