• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Season Ending State of the Union / Expansion Draft Thread

More likely interest in a team upping the ante on Armia from $2.8M to $3.5-$4M vs team offering $5M for a defensive C in Danault

Sure...but the Habs don't need to protect him if they want to sign him. what's there edge here?

Sure...but the Habs don't need to protect him if they want to sign him. what's there edge here?
Seattle signing Armia - Kraken are fcuked... teams have flooded the market w high cap hit supply. W a hard cap can only have so many $6M+ players on a roster...Armia is a very serviceable under $4M contract

why protect Armia....since he is a UFA like Dano
Unless they have a deal in place, I don't see why you'd protect either of them over Kulak.

I could see the whole Danault thing being a wink wink situation. Even if he gets selected he'll "test" free agency and return to Montreal.

still doesn't answer why we needed to protect him

step 1
let him off the list and talk to Seattle

step 2
signs with Habs
What if Seattle matched Habs offer ..oh yeah zero Wash state tax on income...there be no step 2

Radulov scenario revisited.,

What if Seattle matched Habs offer ..oh yeah zero Wash state tax on income...there be no step 2

huh....Armia still has the opportunity to find out about all the state taxes around the league and their effect on his future

Seeing that protected list, I have this nagging feeling that Allen still ends being a Kraken at the end of it.

They take Price but flip him back with retention for assets including Allen. It's an easy get for Francis. He gets his guy + multiple assets but costs himself a few million on the cap for 5 years.

Back