• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Season Ending State of the Union / Expansion Draft Thread

Seattle can move Price if they eat some of the cap space. Would be a huge haul.
I don't think it would be a huge haul. Goalies don't have much value and Price performance during the regular season has been pedestrian in the past few years, and he still has 5 years remaining on his contract, even at reduced cap hit.

Seattle is not going to have dead cap space for 5 years just to get a low first round pick, which is about the most i can see Price fetching.

With that amount of money, and Seattle forfeiting their MTL selection, the price might be KK.

The more I think about it, and with Angela's "wink wink" comment, the more I think you're right. Bergy, in his own words, feels like he has a father-son relationship with Price. If he's going to expose him he definitely has a plan with Francis. And no other plans make sense beside your take.

But again, I bet we give them KK for that.
Bergevin is a riverboat gambler at times though. Occam's Razor applies here for me, he really believes Francis won't bite.

Sure...but the Habs don't need to protect him if they want to sign him. what's there edge here?
They must believe Francis will sign him ufa. Nothing else makes sense. That or maybe they had a slot left and simply used it? Of those unprotected who would you protect over Armia?

Armia was protected because there no other forwards to protect h/t AH

aka they don't mind losing Byron

Not if Price says I’m not leaving Seattle
Which is very likely since I believe the only reasons he agreed to the gamble is either Bergevin has a side deal in place or Price is cool moving there due to Angela and being closer to his own family. I don't see a flip scenario to any other team tbh.

h/t to AH$ for reminding me about the forward/d configuration....forgot about it amid all the excitement

h/t to AH$ for reminding me about the forward/d configuration....forgot about it amid all the excitement
So he gets the gold star. You're an honorable dude, except your cooking is suspect.

*runs *

Hope it’s not KK but it would depends on how much money is retained. Could be our 1st or other picks and prospect.

makes no sense whatsoever , this is comical

WTF are we losing KK +when all you have to do is keep Price

I can see Nero tell Carey , if you want to go home .....we owe it to you and go

Perfect ending to his legacy with no BS or having a Max type fallout

Last edited:
Back