• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Tank Nation Thread

I think Arizona's got the last place all but locked up.

They've given up 5 or more goals in 9 of their last 10 games, while only scoring more than twice in any single game once.

Very Ducharmian of them.

We are also DDing lately — getting outscored 23-9 in 5 straight losses.

May the worst team win.

ppg
mcdavid 1.47
matthews 1.46

it's fine to think mcdavid's better, but no need to make things up.

34 cant carry Connors jock strap for the awards , first all NHL , etc ...that he accomplished by 24-25

But hey if it makes you feel better , enjoy

34 cant carry Connors jock strap for the awards , first all NHL , etc ...that he accomplished by 24-25

But hey if it makes you feel better , enjoy
This is why you can’t be taken seriously. While the argument can be made as to which is better they are in the same club. “Can’t carry Connors jock” is beyond sloped forehead.

Where we should be able to finally replace Kotkianiemi

Not the greatest draft year, no. But it would be helpful not to treat an 18 yr like a demigod and then yank on the leash a couple of years later in the playoffs. Kotkaniemi’s entitled snit was childish, but the Habs incoherence didn’t help matters.

Won’t be a generational talent, but for FFS, can we not develop properly? Might turn out to be a useful pick instead of ridiculous soap opera.

This is why you can’t be taken seriously. While the argument can be made as to which is better they are in the same club. “Can’t carry Connors jock” is beyond sloped forehead.

And last year we saw how ill tempered McDingDong could get with his flying elbow on Kotkaniemi. Team player? There are questions.

I would take McDavid over Matthews without any hesitation, but Matthews is still the second best player in the league.

Also, what their teams do isn't a reflection of who they are as players. It isn't McDavid's fault Edmonton has been run by clowns for the better part of two decades. And it definitely isn't Matthews's fault Marner shit himself and played like a eunuch last year.

Matthews will have 60/100+ points this year, not 40/70 like you said.

Like I said, no need to make stuff up.

Not making anything up , he has nothing in the awards category to match CMD

Do it this year and for the next 3-5 years .

This is his breakout 100 point year .....keep doing it

I would take McDavid over Matthews without any hesitation, but Matthews is still the second best player in the league.

Also, what their teams do isn't a reflection of who they are as players. It isn't McDavid's fault Edmonton has been run by clowns for the better part of two decades. And it definitely isn't Matthews's fault Marner shit himself and played like a eunuch last year.

34 and 16 should of destroyed the habs , they both choked while the rest of the roster played well

That series loss is on them

1 goal is unacceptable

I disagree. How they will be regarded among the elite players will very much be a reflection of how high they can raise the game of those around them and what their teams eventually achieve. So far, they are tracking closer to Marcel Dionne and Joe Thornton than Syd Crosby or Steve Yzerman. The rest doesn't matter. Time will tell.

Last edited:
Not making anything up , he has nothing in the awards category to match CMD

Do it this year and for the next 3-5 years .

This is his breakout 100 point year .....keep doing it
Well... 40/70 wasn't exactly accurate.

His career scoring pace is 52g/92p

Back