• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Fucking Offseason Thread - Why bother waiting?

Hyman ---> TBD
Vesey/Galchenyuk -> Bunting
Thornton --> Kampf

Whoever that TBD is seems almost sure to be a big downgrade from Hyman though.

And yes, we replaced 37 point pace Thornton with 17 point pace David Kampf.

I'm still not really sure this makes your argument??

Whoever that TBD is seems almost sure to be a big downgrade from Hyman though.

And yes, we replaced 37 point pace Thornton with 17 point pace David Kampf.

I'm still not really sure this makes your argument??

We can sign Thornton again if you want?

The nice thing about the "young guys" is that the coach will feel no heat to shuffle them around or bench them if necessary. Just need to find 3 that can play together and not be a liability. None are "names", but I just want to see them hustle, hit and put up a few points.

honest q: why are folks here saying Robertson is 2 years away. I thought he was considered close 2 years ago (when he played in the playoffs vs Columbus)

And anyways, our 3rd line last year scored more than the johnsson-kadri-kappy line did that year.

Did it score more together, or when the individual players were playing up the lineup?

For example, 10 of the goals scored as part of Kerfoot's 23 points involved Matthews, Marner, Nylander, or Tavares.

Same as Simmonds really...3 of his 9 goals came playing way out of slot on the 1st PP unit. 9 goals in 38 games sounds like great scoring depth on your 3rd-4th line. 6 goals in 38 games sounds less impressive.

honest q: why are folks here saying Robertson is 2 years away. I thought he was considered close 2 years ago (when he played in the playoffs vs Columbus)

I just meant from hitting his stride. He's still isn't turned 20. I expect he'll play this year.

AHL numbers don't suggest he's ready yet and his NHL nerdies in limited action were ungood. But I wouldn't count out a second half entry to the lineup this year. I think next year is a better bet tho.

Reactions: CH1
Unlike most, I honestly like Kerf a fair amount. I think I like him most as a winger on the Tavares-Willy line though.

But if you move him up, the bottom six is an absolute wasteland.

They have to start trading now. Muzzin has to go for forward help, Sandin and Lilly should be moved into the lineup. Play. The. Kids.

ES:

Kampf 56gms, 12pts (1. Hagel 2. Carpenter 3. Kubalik)
Jumbo 44gms, 15pts (1. Marner 2. Matthews 3.spezza)

Back