• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Fucking Offseason Thread - Why bother waiting?

We all knew this off-season was sign a goalie and a top 6 winger and take some more depth swings so I’m not sure why anyone expects differently now.

If we'd just been able to keep McCann, things would be looking better right now.

Since all roads lead to a Muzzin trade for me, I think that should've been done prior to the draft, bank the pick and prospect, protect everyone and lose Dermott.

We all knew this off-season was sign a goalie and a top 6 winger and take some more depth swings so I’m not sure why anyone expects differently now.
They had space and options to be more creative. As I said, maybe it's right of Dubas to make as little change as possible and trust his guys. But if the fans are doubting this approach can you blame them?

Well I just mean they haven't gotten better than the playoff roster that we saw. Only one goalie plays! Getting rid of Fred is nice tho, I agree. I just hoped for more and maybe it comes.

What we lost off the playoffs roster:

Galchenyuk 6gms/4pts
Foligno 4gms/1pts
Hyman 7gms/1pts
Thornton 7gms/1pts
Bogosian 7gms/1pts
Nash 2gms/0pts

But the goaltending is significantly better. IMO a year older Sandin over Bogo is a big improvement on D, and the forward were already top end.

Improved? Only Tatar. But I don’t think that answer was different yesterday. Tough to improve on Hyman.

Agreed, it is tough to improve on Hyman. So I guess I look at our bottom 6 and think, IMO that's worse than last year too.

So overall I'm concerned that at the end of the playoffs I thought our offense wasn't good enough to win a cup and now I think it's worse.

To me, that's a reasonable take.

Agreed, it is tough to improve on Hyman. So I guess I look at our bottom 6 and think, IMO that's worse than last year too.

So overall I'm concerned that at the end of the playoffs I thought our offense wasn't good enough to win a cup and now I think it's worse.

is it worse though? It’s the same. Plus Bunting and hopefully Robertson.

Last year's bottom 6

Mikheyev - Kerfoot - Engvall
Thornton - Spezza - Simmonds

Of course it's reasonable. It's 1000% reasonable to be skeptical/doubtful until they prove otherwise.

If they sign Tatar without trading anyone I think that would be a big success. But they don't have the space. Seems they're more likely to add a middling guy on the cheap. My concern is that Bunting and some guy that makes ~3m will be in their top 6 forwards. It's obviously a downgrade on Hyman no matter what they do.

Curious to see what Dubas does with his last bit of baby cap space. Would love to see some magic.

Wtf is it with Tatar? 12 points in 40 playoff games. AND he got fucking benched by 2 teams that went to the finals. How does that happen to a “good” player? Because I don’t want no spineless cunts on this team. We have enough of those.

Back