• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Fucking Offseason Thread - Why bother waiting?

Hope-is-a-dangerous-thing.-Hope-can-drive-a-man-insane..jpg

Matthews ----> Matthews
Marner --------> Marner
Nylander -----> Nylander

Tavares -------> Tavares
Hyman --------> ???
Vesey/Galy --> Bunting

Kerfoot ----> Kerfoot
Mikheyev -> Mikheyev
Spezza ----> Spezza

Engvall ----> Kampf
Thornton -> Engvall

Simmonds -> Simmonds

Brooks ---------> Brooks
Robertson ----> Robertson
Barabanov ----> Anderson

Boyd --------> Amadio
Petan ------> Ho-Sang
Sabourin --> Gabriel

Yep, the goalie is huge. And we are adding some talent to the bottom of the lineup with Robertson, Sandin and Lilly.

Dubas on 1050 was talking about Lilly like he was already part of the team.

Spending the remaining cap space on a good top 6 forward will be key.

But other than that its just taking chances on guys on cheap deals. Bunting and Mennell are interesting so far. Kampf is less interesting, but at least he is center depth.

I feel like “get another goalie” was the absolute minimum expectation going in to this off-season. And Dubas got a goalie I’m not too excited about for more term & dollars than I’d have liked.

So, can’t really get on-board with those celebrating today as a win.

For me to be satisfied with Dubas’s off-season, he still needs to:

1) Find a real 3rd line center
2) Trade Kerfoot for something of value
3) Find another real top-6 forward

Quotes plz

Paraphrasing, but, he was asked what prospects he expects to challenge for the roster spot and said "Robertson and Andersen up front, and Hollowell and Rubins on defense. Our D is pretty settled. We have young players who have played on the team, but people forget they are only 20, like Sandin and Lilly..."

I feel like “get another goalie” was the absolute minimum expectation going in to this off-season. And Dubas got a goalie I’m not too excited about for more term & dollars than I’d have liked.

You won't be happy then. Half the happiness is replacing .880 shit Fred with a good goalie.

Look at what others have been getting today. How can you still be so anti-Kerfoot and his salary for what he brings?

You won't be happy then. Half the happiness is replacing .880 shit Fred with a good goalie.
But I think the point was, of course we were going to get one of these UFA goalies to be the backup. That was a given going in.

To not get anything else isn't a great look so far.

Yeah you said it better than me. He did none of those. Though I'm less keen on trading kerf than you.

They have $2.1 mill in cap space with a full roster of:

Robertson-Matthews-Marner
Bunting-Tavares-Willy
Engvall-Kerfoot-Mikheyev
Simmonds-Kampf-Spezza

Rielly-Brodie
Muzzin-Holl
Sadin-Lilly
Dermott

Campbell
Mrazek

Add $2.1 mill to whatever player in that lineup you are replacing and realistically they are looking at adding a $3 million (Simmonds/Bunting) - $5.5 million (Kerfoot) player.

They aren't done.

People putting Bunting in the top 6……

What is going on here? I get leaf goggles but holy smokes. This guy will likely be Vesey level.

Back