• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Fucking Offseason Thread - Why bother waiting?

People putting Bunting in the top 6……

What is going on here? I get leaf goggles but holy smokes. This guy will likely be Vesey level.

Galy was in our top 6 last year. And was good.

And Bunting was better than him.

Vesey and Thornton were too, but not so good.

If his model can't adjust at all for the fact that Bunting had a ridiculous shooting percentage in a tiny number of games...isn't that kind of an admission that his model (and hockey WAR in general) sucks and isn't worth paying a lot of attention to?

Not really...small samples are always wonky in any analysis. Any model is only as good as the data that goes into it.

Yep. Which brings us again to Dubas's decision to make the McCann trade. Maybe he had some faint hope they wouldn't take McCann, but otherwise he still saw Kerf as his third line center and wanted to protect him.

Yep, I'd rather have the cap space

tenor.gif

Weird what clearly upgrading the only weak spot on the team can do.

#PoorHomerZeke

Read his next tweet about it....

Bunting has as much impact as Matthews according to his model right now. I think we can agree that is unlikely.

Yep. Which brings us again to Dubas's decision to make the McCann trade. Maybe he had some faint hope they wouldn't take McCann, but otherwise he still saw Kerf as his third line center and wanted to protect him.
If Seattle agreed with you they would have taken Dermott not Kerf.

Not really sure how you go from wishing the GM would sign a 5.5 million dollar 3C and pleading with Seattle to take Kerfoot … to him keeping Kerfoot as 3C and signing a guy with 1 goal in 55 games for 4C and pretending everyone else is crazy for being disappointed.

If Seattle agreed with you they would have taken Dermott not Kerf.

Seattle's head coach is the dude who ran our defense the past couple of seasons, and who had little use for Dermott outside of playing him in a limited minutes third-pairing role, when he wasn't scratching him for Mikko Lehtonen or Rasmus Sandin.

Seattle was never taking Dermott. Though even if Dubas thought there was a chance of that, trading assets to protect Dermott would be dumb too.

Back