• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Fucking Offseason Thread - Why bother waiting?

Yeah, why’d he nonqualify him knowing that Dubie was hot on his trail for years? Does he also subscribe to Dubie’s “pay my price or else you’re getting the player for free” philosophy?
Just heard on the radio that a lot of teams were interested in Kampf and that they originally were asking for a first or second round pick....but had to non qual after their moves.

The nerds are angry that Dubas broke their model.

"He just gives Ted talks at the hockey analytics conference, has the largest analytics team in the league and signs model breaking players. He's not an analytics GM"

The nerds are angry that Dubas broke their model.

"He just gives Ted talks at the hockey analytics conference, has the largest analytics team in the league and signs model breaking players. He's not an analytics GM"

Oldskool hockey guy somehow built the 2nd best analytics team in hockey this year!

Two things can be true

He's not an outsider
He has fully embraced analytics (it's 2021 for crying out loud)

I like how the Soo is "insider".

Hockey is made up of grandsons of smalltown OHL team coaches from the 60s. They say it like he is Stan Bowman.

All Dubas had to do was voluntarily hang around a junior team for his entire childhood and early 20s, learn as much about hockey as he could, convince them to hire a 25 year old with no experience as GM, build a successful OHL team, and impress Brendan Shanahan enough to land an NHL job.

Try starting from the bottom Dubas.

Gogolev is a nice eye test offense guy who just didn't score enough at age 17 and 18 to get drafted before, before exploding at 19 into legit 1.5ppg prospect production and then carrying that over to ppg in his month with the Marlies last year at age 20. I like him.

Back