• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Fucking Offseason Thread - Why bother waiting?

I listened to an interview today with Curtis Gabriel and he sounds like a good guy. He personally contacted Barb Underhill two years ago to work on his skating and basically begged his way in. This is where Dubas first saw him.
Being a newmarket kid he was a fan of those 2000 leafs and was always find of the tucker and Clark style.
He was so happy to sign here and talked about bringing that grimyness to the leafs.

That's what Dubas is trying to bring in...

I'm calling it now Bunting will be on the line with Matthews and Marner.

Kampf will be our third line centre and will have spezza on his wing....

Fourth line will be a full punchy facey line. Simmons, Gabriel, Engvall...(Okay so not engvall)

I listened to an interview today with Curtis Gabriel and he sounds like a good guy. He personally contacted Barb Underhill two years ago to work on his skating and basically begged his way in. This is where Dubas first saw him.
Being a newmarket kid he was a fan of those 2000 leafs and was always find of the tucker and Clark style.
He was so happy to sign here and talked about bringing that grimyness to the leafs.

That's what Dubas is trying to bring in...

I'm calling it now Bunting will be on the line with Matthews and Marner.

Kampf will be our third line centre and will have spezza on his wing....

Fourth line will be a full punchy facey line. Simmons, Gabriel, Engvall...(Okay so not engvall)
Being excited by some of this sure is odd

Isn't there also a European found wallet coming over this year? I thought I read of someone.....anyone know?

this intrigues the fuck out of me. guy was a perennial 30-goal scorer if memory serves before injuries and the Sharks suckitude caught up to him.
Only problem with hertl is he is signed for only 1 season. If we are spending assets to bring in a player and have soneone retain i would prefer it to be for multiple years.

Gogolev is a nice eye test offense guy who just didn't score enough at age 17 and 18 to get drafted before, before exploding at 19 into legit 1.5ppg prospect production and then carrying that over to ppg in his month with the Marlies last year at age 20. I like him.

Solid cat...looks like he was in a bad situation in Peterborough, went to Guelph and started lighting it up. Really curious how he'll handle a full season...if he's the type that needs to be on a scoring line to produce or if he can drive production himself.

I find myself developing a real dislike for this fucking Hyman fella the last few days. Just saw an interview where he's talking about playing with McDavid and Drai and how it was a huge reason he signed there and all that...as though he wasn't playing with the best goal scorer on the planet and one of the best playmakers in the league all these years. Oh, but now this fuckface gets to play with some REAL talent.

I'm honestly not saying this because I'm spiteful, I just really think there's a very solid chance that he's not going to be a great linemate for those two and might end up playing with Nuge or who knows who else. He's not getting $5.5M to put up 20 points, so this could work out real bad if he doesn't find that his stick is magnetized to pucks coming from Conor.

I find myself developing a real dislike for this fucking Hyman fella the last few days. Just saw an interview where he's talking about playing with McDavid and Drai and how it was a huge reason he signed there and all that...as though he wasn't playing with the best goal scorer on the planet and one of the best playmakers in the league all these years. Oh, but now this fuckface gets to play with some REAL talent.

I'm honestly not saying this because I'm spiteful, I just really think there's a very solid chance that he's not going to be a great linemate for those two and might end up playing with Nuge or who knows who else. He's not getting $5.5M to put up 20 points, so this could work out real bad if he doesn't find that his stick is magnetized to pucks coming from Conor.

Dude's a professional who's paycheques are signed by someone else now. He's there to pump up the Oilers now...it would be inappropriate to talk about anything else.

He's still the same super likeable guy. Wish him all the success.

Reactions: CH1
If you heard the interview, he is a guy that simply supports LGBTQ+ initiatives because a female friend of his came out and he saw how her family shunned her and how society treated her. He just seems like a supportive guy. I do think character matters. Maillet and DeAngelo don't have the talent to have people tolerate neanderthal behaviour.

Back