• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Mother-fucking goddamn Off-season Thread

19th in the league in goals over the last 2 seasons combined, 21st in points.

6th in goals, 5th in points among RW'ers.

He's a top 30 forward, and a top 5-10 RW. That's at least kind of a motherfucker of a player and you're not talking about trading him for 24-25 yr old prime terrorist Tom Wilson, but slowly becoming injury prone, turns 30 next march, 3 goals in his last 14 playoff games (and 14 in 83 overall) Tom Wilson.

If you're giving up a 40/80 player for a 20/40 player because grit/heart/insanity...you're going to have a bad time, every time.
Enjoy similar results then. Nylander is a slick perimeter player. If you want to get tougher you would at least want a guy that can score.

If not Wilson or someone like him and a first in a good draft year what do you think you'll get for him? Remember that most GMs have an opinion worse than mine on physically challenged players.

JT is the one to go. But that can’t happen. Has to lose the C at the least.

Washington shook up their core and fired GMs and coaches before they won. Can’t be too afraid of change. Matthews and Marner are the only irreplaceable people in the organization.
yeah JT is the obvious one to go but also the one that I imagine has the lowest value in a trade.

then again, NHL GMs seem to always be eager to prove their idiocy, so maybe gudpro JT is still looked at as a #1C.

unfortunately due to optics though, I doubt it ever happens.

Willy is worth keeping on his current deal but I fear like the others he will be the one to go.

After our run every player to a man, and we're talking veterans, credited Perry for not letting anyone quit. That's why I mentioned it.

He'll ride you if you're slacking. He doesn't give a shit. That's clear.
But Perry was actually dressed for playoff games. You can't have any impact in a dressing room when you're headed to the press box instead of the ice to start the game. I doubt that Simmonds is even in the dressing room prior to or during a game in which he isn't playing.

JT is the one to go. But that can’t happen. Has to lose the C at the least.

Washington shook up their core and fired GMs and coaches before they won. Can’t be too afraid of change. Matthews and Marner are the only irreplaceable people in the organization.
How are they irreplaceable exactly? What have the Leafs won with them that they couldn't win without them? They aren't moving the needle in games that matter. They are merely expensive regular season luxuries.

my two cents and if it was mentioned... who cares.

I hope Edmonton wins the cup TBH... then we bend Mc Davids and or Draisaitl and say... Demand a trade here and we will give Edmonton Marner and a first take it or leave it, but only if you demand a trade after your cup hoisting.

Close this shit. This is no different than the pre-GDT thread. Talk about the offseason in the general thread stickied and start a new one when the time comes. If everyone is so superstitious, then this is step one.

Close this shit. This is no different than the pre-GDT thread. Talk about the offseason in the general thread stickied and start a new one when the time comes. If everyone is so superstitious, then this is step one.

No one’s forcing you to read this thread. If you want to pretend the season isn’t over, feel free to start your GDT or stick to the playoff thread and indulge that fantasy in there.

And then I’ll see you back here a couple of days from now.

Well hey now. I consulted the tarot and was shown that if I started the GDT you'd win. Are you say Miss Celeste lied?

Back