• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Mother-fucking goddamn Off-season Thread

Could you imagine if Washington got Bedard? Just played with that simulator and they won on it. That would royally suck.

Again with the "chances". You need to stop reading analytics that only show you what "coulda, shoulda, woulda" happened. You score a goal or you don't score a goal. That's it. That's the stat.
just because you object to there being more than a single stat to describe a particular event does not mean that those additional stats do not exist.

No one’s forcing you to read this thread. If you want to pretend the season isn’t over, feel free to start your GDT or stick to the playoff thread and indulge that fantasy in there.

And then I’ll see you back here a couple of days from now.
I’m pretending it isn’t or you’re pretending it is? It’s bad karma. We may only have one game left this year. Let’s do this right.

I’m pretending it isn’t or you’re pretending it is? It’s bad karma. We may only have one game left this year. Let’s do this right.

Karma doesn’t exist.

And this season isn’t over in the same way a team who’s played like shit for 59 minutes and is down by three goals with a minute left technically hasn’t lost the game yet.

If you want to play pretend that they’re coming back, more power to you. There’s plenty of space for you to do that. I’d rather face reality and talk about what comes next.

Karma doesn’t exist.

And this season isn’t over in the same way a team who’s played like shit for 59 minutes and is down by three goals with a minute left technically hasn’t lost the game yet.

If you want to play pretend that they’re coming back, more power to you. There’s plenty of space for you to do that. I’d rather face reality and talk about what comes next.
your approach of complete emotional detachment, going all the way back to last season, seems very much justified and validated.

I'm ashamed to admit I almost got sucked back into excitement after being mostly dead inside for much of the year and particularly post-deadline. should have trusted my gut fully there.

if this team ever does win anything, all its fans will be too fucking traumatized to be able to enjoy it.

Karma is basically reaping what you sow.

It most certainly exists in many people that will affect your environment.

Karma doesn’t exist.

Why not just do that in another existing thread?

I'm sorry but the fuck it doesn't

Even if you’re inclined to believe in religion, the supernatural or superstition, which I’m not…it’s incredible to me than anyone could take a look at this world we live in and believe that karma exists.

Trump’s life alone should disprove the existence of karma.

Or all of the kids in the US & Ukraine who’ve been blown apart by AR-15’s or bombs. What horrible shit did they do to earn their bad karma?

Enjoy similar results then. Nylander is a slick perimeter player. If you want to get tougher you would at least want a guy that can score.

There's lots of ways to get tougher in the lineup without turning a 40 goal player on your roster to a significantly lesser 20 goal player on your roster.

You replace the Kerfoot's, Bunting's, Jarnkrok's, etc with that element.
If not Wilson or someone like him and a first in a good draft year what do you think you'll get for him? Remember that most GMs have an opinion worse than mine on physically challenged players.

Thing is, there's not a lot of players like Wilson and for a few reasons. One of which, that the current Wilson is probably going to experience soon, is that they tend to fall off of a cliff physically around 30-31 yrs old.

The other is that maintaining that level of physical play while being a useful offensive contributor is fucking hard. Only 2 players who had more than 200 hits this year (using that as an analogue for elite physical play) had more than 20 goals this season. Last season it was 4. Season prior (covid shortened) only 2 high level physical players had more than 15 goals.

So unless Ottawa is giving up Brady Tkachuk (only guy on all 3 lists), I don't see the point in paying a premium for that type of player. Build the rest of your roster that way.

Could you imagine if Washington got Bedard? Just played with that simulator and they won on it. That would royally suck.
I just played with it, and the first result was......................................

.................Montreal.

I honestly don’t think there is any way to “get better”, or any quick fix for this team.

We’re in full “tear it down and rebuild” territory. Which I acknowledge is unprecedented when talking about a team coming off back-to-back 110+ point/top-5 finishes.

But it’s also unprecedented for a team that’s been as good for as long as these guys have been in the regular season to be so reliably futile in the playoffs during the same period of time. And I don’t see any reason to be optimistic that it’ll change at this point.
Sharks, sens.

Back