• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Mother-fucking goddamn Off-season Thread

Ok.
Tavares has an nmc
Matthews is going nowhere
Marner? You'll never get value.

Who does that leave? Now if you're 100% sure these are the four to do it then keep tweaking.

I think they played really well in the first two games. Bobrovsky was amazing in one, and they had horrendous luck in the other. Those two could've easily been wins. And then they showed up flat in game 3 and lost, with a couple of key injuries, notably their goalie. This is really a 2-1 lead with just a few bounces their way in the first two games.
Honestly, my eye test and the nerdies agree they've gotten solidly outplayed at 5 on 5 this series. Now granted, I agree they are unlucky to not have won at least 1 game, but they certainly haven't helped themselves.

My point isn't Nylander is the problem, it's he's odd man out.

Eh, I'm not as convinced that John won't leave if asked. I know he's Johnny Toronto and all but a new front office telling him that he can pick where he's going now or ride out the next two years stripped of the C and then leave anyway in free agency, he probably chooses the more graceful exit.

With all of that said, I'd much rather run it back with a changed philosophy on what our depth should look and an effective coaching staff than trade Nylander for some fucking angry scrub and a 1st.

and I don't give a fuck about what "such and such dinosaur will do", it's what they should do. Tavares saying "nah bruh" to any relocation is not the reason you fire Nylander out of a cannon just cuz and take back piss poor value in return. Either get good players in return, or keep him. It's simple.

Eh, I'm not as convinced that John won't leave if asked. I know he's Johnny Toronto and all but a new front office telling him that he can pick where he's going now or ride out the next two years stripped of the C and then leave anyway in free agency, he probably chooses the more graceful exit.

With all of that said, I'd much rather run it back with a changed philosophy on what our depth should look and an effective coaching staff than trade Nylander for some fucking angry scrub and a 1st.

and I don't give a fuck about what "such and such dinosaur will do", it's what they should do. Tavares saying "nah bruh" to any relocation is not the reason you fire Nylander out of a cannon just cuz and take back piss poor value in return. Either get good players in return, or keep him. It's simple.
Oooh

Travis Konechny
7th overall
Morgan Frost

for
Mitch

Torts makes Mitch cry, torts gets fired

True sadness all around

There is a slight possibility you could fleece Ottawa into taking him. He might agree to that.

Four games ago, Tavares was the hero of the franchise. Now he should be dumped to Ottawa.

Four games ago, Matty willed us to overcome deficits in vanquishing TB, and now is expected to walk as a UFA.

Four games ago, Marner was supposedly the best player in the first round, and now we gotta trade him quick even though nobody will give value.

Four games ago, Tavares was the hero of the franchise. Now he should be dumped to Ottawa.

Four games ago, Matty willed us to overcome deficits in vanquishing TB, and now is expected to walk as a UFA.

Four games ago, Marner was supposedly the best player in the first round, and now we gotta trade him quick even though nobody will give value.

Four games ago, we’d thought there was a chance they’d finally turned a corner and were ready to go for a run.

Four games later and they’ve choked harder than they ever have in the playoffs before and have demonstrated that they’re no closer to contention than they’ve ever been.

Results matter.

a lot can change in 4 games!

people have to understand that this series isn't over yet.

the Leafs are still in position to win the next game, then play their best game of the playoffs in order to slowly draw us all back on board before losing that game in overtime.

Results matter but how they win is a good predictor of whether future results will come or not. Put it this way .. there was a reason zeke was violently depressed after the series win. Poor guy wanted to kill himself.. and this series has proved him right.

This is why people care about nerdies. The one time I wouldn't care? Finals... Maybe conference finals. At that point, just win and who cares if you get lucky; you can fluke out a series win or two quite easily. But if you're gonna win 4 series and you're already heavily relying on luck to win the first 2? Your odds of winning 4 kinda suck ass..

Eye test said first two games they deserved to win big time, but Bob played out of his mind plus we hit like 600 posts.

Nerdies said different?

Back