• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Mother-fucking goddamn Off-season Thread

IMO they deserved a split in the first 2 games with the possibility of both but when your top players are dogshit that all kinda goes out the window

and if we wanna talk deserve, they should maybe have been bounced in the first round

Game one and two are blending together in my memory now. I know for a fact that all the posts came in game 2, but I don't remember a big drop off from game 1. Looking back, Florida held to 28 shots, Bob saved 34 of 36, Nylander 7 shots, Matty 6 shots, Tavares 5 shots. We showed up. Even if we didn't "deserve to win", that was a game that easily could've gone the other way.

Eye test said first two games they deserved to win big time, but Bob played out of his mind plus we hit like 600 posts.

Nerdies said different?
Got unlucky to not split, largely based on power plays. But 5 on 5 Florida has solidly outplayed them throughout. Probably should be 2-1 Florida but it's not like the leafs dominated enough to make either game 1 or 2 a no doubt sure win. Needed Samsonov to be better and Bob to be a little worse tho, and yeah it would be 2-1 Florida.

But it isn't. Because they haven't been good enough to prevent even the possibility of being down 3-0.

Got unlucky to not split, largely based on power plays. But 5 on 5 Florida has solidly outplayed them throughout. Probably should be 2-1 Florida but it's not like the leafs dominated enough to make either game 1 or 2 a no doubt sure win. Needed Samsonov to be better and Bob to be a little worse tho, and yeah it would be 2-1 Florida.

But it isn't. Because they haven't been good enough to prevent even the possibility of being down 3-0.

Even losing those first two, and playing like crap yesterday, if one goes in before OT, it's 2-1 right there.

Whatever anyone wants to say, the fact is that this has been a very close series so far. This isn't us getting blown out of the water. This is shit not going our way. And it probably would if Knies, Sammy, Lilly, Sandin, and Engvall were all in there.

Results matter but how they win is a good predictor of whether future results will come or not. Put it this way .. there was a reason zeke was violently depressed after the series win. Poor guy wanted to kill himself.. and this series has proved him right.

This is why people care about nerdies. The one time I wouldn't care? Finals... Maybe conference finals. At that point, just win and who cares if you get lucky; you can fluke out a series win or two quite easily. But if you're gonna win 4 series and you're already heavily relying on luck to win the first 2? Your odds of winning 4 kinda suck ass..

Meh teams don't win titles and we've been meh. You can sneak through a series or two as a meh team but sooner or later you'll run into someone who isn't tripping over their dicks as well, and you're fucked. Florida is apparently not going to trip on their dicks for our benefit. Tampa thankfully did to a degree.

No.

Four days ago he scored tossed a turnaround muffin at the net from 20 feet, to win a first round series.
You mean after he skated a lap around TB's zone, around and through all five of their guys, took a slick pass from behind the net, and then made a nice move to free up and take a quick shot on goal that went in? The fact that it deflected in off something made that any less of a clutch, awesome play that was 100% his effort?

Even losing those first two, and playing like crap yesterday, if one goes in before OT, it's 2-1 right there.

Whatever anyone wants to say, the fact is that this has been a very close series so far. This isn't us getting blown out of the water. This is shit not going our way. And it probably would if Knies, Sammy, Lilly, Sandin, and Engvall were all in there.
I agree it probably should be 2-1 but it isn't. And they've been the worse team. And their worst performance was a do or die game 3 where there best players were embarrassing. So are we supposed to be happy about being down 3-0 in a series they're getting outplayed because the series could have been 2-1 with a bit more luck? I don't get what your point is here.

Word differently....he skated around the outside and instead of trying to find a real scoring opportunity, chucked a no look'r on net that thankfully plinko'd into the fucking net.

I mean, I'm thankful and all...it went in. But let's settle down with this "hero" talk.

it's been close, but they've been better, and especially their best players have been much better.

I agree it probably should be 2-1 but it isn't. And they've been the worse team. And their worst performance was a do or die game 3 where there best players were embarrassing. So are we supposed to be happy about being down 3-0 in a series they're getting outplayed because the series could have been 2-1 with a bit more luck? I don't get what your point is here.
Not happy, but not devastated and ready to fold this roster.

tho its funny - after all these years having been told winning series was all that matters, and that bringing series all the way to the wire didn't make any difference at all....

....i promise you getting swept will feel a whole lot fucking worse than anything that came before. and deservedly so. because how you win and lose matters.

Word differently....he skated around the outside and instead of trying to find a real scoring opportunity, chucked a no look'r on net that thankfully plinko'd into the fucking net.

I mean, I'm thankful and all...it went in. But let's settle down with this "hero" talk.
Might want to give a guy with 427 career goals the benefit of the doubt when it comes to knowing where to shoot from.

There's a reason everyone is going nuts at the team and imploring them to shoot more. Goals like that, which you need a healthy number of during the playoffs. He could've kept circling and passing off like the do on the PP over and over until they lose possession, maybe that would've paved the way for a prettier goal to be scored later - by Tampa.

You mean after he skated a lap around TB's zone, around and through all five of their guys, took a slick pass from behind the net, and then made a nice move to free up and take a quick shot on goal that went in? The fact that it deflected in off something made that any less of a clutch, awesome play that was 100% his effort?
Tavares skating a lap eh?

tho its funny - after all these years having been told winning series was all that matters, and that bringing series all the way to the wire didn't make any difference at all....

....i promise you getting swept will feel a whole lot fucking worse than anything that came before. and deservedly so. because how you win and lose matters.
A sweep would be terrible. I think they win at least a couple here though to make it interesting.

Why?

not trying to start anything with you just legit curious what you saw in game three that leads you to believe this
He might be right. Pressure is off now. They can go out and let loose without a care in the world. It might help them play like themselves for once. I personally don't think 1 or 2 wins will change much for me but I'd love to be convinced.

Back