• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Mother-fucking goddamn Off-season Thread

that's what makes game 3 confounding; the entire hockey world was watching and only their 4th line seemed to care
No one should have been confounded unless that was the first Leafs game they'd watched in 8 years. Game 3 is what they are. It's what they do. Not just this season, but every season. They implode.

You can add Chicago to the list of teams perfect for Tavares

Bedard is going to need a vet superstar who’s handled the same pressures with dignity and class to show him the ropes and who better than an emotionless robot? Bedard will be able to suppress and forget the rapings from the coaching staff at a record pace

I think we’re stuck with JT for the duration of his deal.

I bet it’s only Nylander that gets moved.

- Re-sign Mathews long-term
- Trade Marner for someone that doesn't belong in the non-contact league
- Keep Nylander
- Unfortunately, we are stuck with Tavares and his big contract with NMC...
- Should retain O'Reilly if it makes financial sense
- Keep Schenn, say goodbye to Holl

There's a lot this team can do to improve. I think it will all comes down whether or not Mathews is willing to stick around.

I’ll tell you all one way to make sure Matthews won’t stick around - trade Marner.

So many wasted keystrokes in the past week. They’re not trading any of these guys. If they get eliminated, management is out, or maybe just Keefe. And maybe Nylander gets dangled and stupidly dealt. That’s it.

I really really wish there was a legit good deal out there for Marner. Assuming JT stays, he's the guy I'd be most willing to deal.. But man there's no way they get proper value for him. Gotta explore it though.. You just have to at this point.

I have no issues with any of them other than Marner this series. And maybe Matthews to an extent too.. He's always playing well but I hold him to a way higher standard than the others. Games 1 and 2 were very good for all of them on the PP and they got unlucky to not win 1 of those games. Not as much at evens but yeah, their PP was fucking fierce.

I really really wish there was a legit good deal out there for Marner. Assuming JT stays, he's the guy I'd be most willing to deal.. But man there's no way they get proper value for him. Gotta explore it though.. You just have to at this point.
Did you not like my suggestion of Marner Yarn and Bos 1 for K Conner and Helly

I’ll tell you all one way to make sure Matthews won’t stick around - trade Marner.

So many wasted keystrokes in the past week. They’re not trading any of these guys. If they get eliminated, management is out, or maybe just Keefe. And maybe Nylander gets dangled and stupidly dealt. That’s it.
I don’t know that I buy this. If Marner is dealt it’s not for futures it’s for different help now

I have no issues with any of them other than Marner this series. And maybe Matthews to an extent too.. He's always playing well but I hold him to a way higher standard than the others. Games 1 and 2 were very good for all of them on the PP and they got unlucky to not win 1 of those games. Not as much at evens but yeah, their PP was fucking fierce.
The post Matty hit in the first minute sort of told the story of the first three games. Great rush, great shot, zip to show for it. Bob has been good but also incredibly lucky.

After a couple of days to think it over, I still say flush all of these guys.

Whether you want to keep him or not or however much of the blame you think should be directed his way, I think the bottom line is that Matthews is leaving in the summer of 2024 for one of LA, NYR or Chicago.

I’m sure he’d have stuck around if he was getting paid AND the Leafs were a contender. But he’s not sticking around for whatever the hell this is, to answer the endless questions from endless media members about this group’s accumulated failures and to absorb the rage and disappointment of Leaf fans.

So trade him before his NMC kicks in on July 1st, or watch him walk out the door for nothing following one more crushing playoff disappointment next spring.

And then of course, boot Mitch Caillou and anyone else with trade value out the door behind him.

Back