• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Mother-fucking goddamn Off-season Thread

tho its funny - after all these years having been told winning series was all that matters, and that bringing series all the way to the wire didn't make any difference at all....

....i promise you getting swept will feel a whole lot fucking worse than anything that came before. and deservedly so. because how you win and lose matters.

Folks have a habit of conflating events to keep narratives simple

Being bounced by Jackets and Habs were both shameworthy regardless of series length.

Last year’s loss was different. Two heavyweights battling it out. One could hold their head up even in defeat.

This year was never really about winning a round. It was about winning a long awaited Cup.
Still possible…

losing to the habs was definitely shameful but at least they did outplay the fuck out of them and get goalied.

losing to an elite D cbj team after 5 months off in a 5 gamer was annoying as fuck but not shameful.

The Habs series irks me. But the Columbus series kind of doesn't. Weirdo bubble 5 game series where the season basically ended in March and in mid august the league threw everything into a fucking blender and called it the playoffs.

Keefe thinks he knows what gives his team an edge

1683599502550.jpeg

Last edited:
Folks have a habit of conflating events to keep narratives simple

Being bounced by Jackets and Habs were both shameworthy regardless of series length.

Last year’s loss was different. Two heavyweights battling it out. One could hold their head up even in defeat.

This year was never really about winning a round. It was about winning a long awaited Cup.
Still possible…
Just win one. Rinse repeat.

Whatever excuses you want to throw together for them, a team with top-5 talent losing to a Tortorella-coached team headlined by the likes of Gustav Nyqvist, Pierre-Luc Dubois and Nick fucking Foligno is and was shameful in any circumstance.

I'm really curious to see how they respond. Better be flying. The whole hockey world is watching.

I'm really curious to see how they respond. Better be flying. The whole hockey world is watching.

that's what makes game 3 confounding; the entire hockey world was watching and only their 4th line seemed to care

Admittedly, I was playing poker while watching the game so maybe didn't see "everything" - but I liked the way they played, positionally at least. Maybe we get lucky and blow a team out once and a while, but they need to win close games.. period. I feel like if Sammy finished game 3, the Leafs would have won in regulation.

I have a good feeling that Sam-o will be back between the pipes for game 4. Liking these 2 day layoffs right now.

Back