• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Mother-fucking goddamn Off-season Thread

Or say fuck it and trade Willy for Tom Wilson +

He's 29 but still a prick that can score and your time is now.

I'm still not all that horned up over ROR but yeah he's been better than the 11 million dollar man Tavares and Thornton, Marleau, Simmonds, etc. Still, though he has largely gotten caved this playoffs. He's fine but I'm not sure I look at re-signing him. I think I prefer to get back to injecting more speed in the lineup.

I'm also good with this. I don't even know what I want the lineup to look like next season, because it's so hard to know what the market for Nylander would look like, whether JT would waive or not, etc.

Tkachuk train left the station man. Players like what you're looking for aren't available often.

Not really looking for that kind of player, though. I’m not expecting any deals where we trade a core piece for an actual upgrade. And I’m also not interested in a Tkachuk-for-Huberdeau type deal where we’re still desperately trying to “win-now”.

I just want them to drop a nuke on this core group, vaporize it and rebuild from scratch.

I think Dubas needs to have the balls to approach Tavares... it was a good run, but we aren't putting together the team needed to make a run paying him to play a supporting role.

I mean, if John wants his legacy in Toronto to be that, while having the media get gradually more and more unpleasent until he leaves in free agency in 2 years anway....that's up to him I guess.

But 5 yrs in to the Tavares experience here, I'm going to go ahead and say flat out that this has turned out to be worst case scenario in his mind or close.

Have to operate under the assumption that he's staying. Unfortunate but that's likely reality. He can still be a damn good LW and I think he works very well with Matthews in their limited time together so they should probably prioritize grabbing a 2C. And nah, I don't think ROR is the right option there. Fact of the matter is, JT is no center at this stage.

JT came back home so him and his Ontario wife can have their kids grow up with their aunts, uncles and grandparents

But then what happens in 2 yrs anyway? He retires? It's becoming pretty clear that his career isn't ending here regardless of what he wants. So move on now that the kids aren't in school yet or do it in 2 years when 2 of them are already.

Back