• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Mother-fucking goddamn Off-season Thread

They will trade Nylander and that is all what happens.
Glasses will keep building grey hounds and not winning NHL team, fantastic for OHL but not for NHL
After July 1st, Matthews has a full NMC that kicks in. Nylander only has a 10 team no trade list.

But it brings in a D. Who that D is would move the needle if you're replacing Nylander with Meier.
Meier is gonna cost ~3m more than Nylander currently costs. Not sure how horny I am to be locked into another low energy "star" at 9+m for the next 7 years. At that point you might as well keep Nylander. He wouldn't bring much back in a trade anyway tbh.

Meier is gonna cost ~3m more than Nylander currently costs. Not sure how horny I am to be locked into another low energy "star" at 9+m for the next 7 years. At that point you might as well keep Nylander. He wouldn't bring much back in a trade anyway tbh.
Not so sure he gets that. Point taken though. How many years left for Willy?

Not so sure he gets that. Point taken though. How many years left for Willy?
1 more year for Will. Not opposed to trading him but they better have a plan. I'm just not sure that Meier would be the best plan. Guess it depends what else they do.

And Meier is a 26 year old 30 goal scorer and near PPG player. He'll get big money longterm; at least 7 years, 8m. Maybe he's worth it but you better be sure he isn't another playoff dud if you do decide to take him on. Leafs already signed Jarnkrok for 4 years despite knowing his playoff history.. To make the same mistake with an 8m+ guy for longer term would be suicide.

They’ll get their answer on Matthews soon enough. If whoever is managing the team wants to sign Matthews to an extension and Matthews isn’t willing to sign it, then it’s a no-brainer. You trade him before the start of training camp.

Under no circumstance can they roll into next season with Matthews as a pending UFA.
Matthews full NMC kicks in July 1st.

If any of the big dogs were to be traded I would prefer it to be Marner.

Hell of a player, but....... on top of his mostly shitty play in the playoffs I just don't like him.

He simply comes across as a whiny, snivelling snot nosed little prick who thinks he's better than everyone else and puts himself ahead of anyone else to me.

I could be completely wrong but that's how I've always taken him.

Trade the fucker and fire fathead Keefe for a start.

Jesus Christ, I hate this complete organization at times.

I keep thinking about this one and how true it is.

Is there a single other team in the league you can say this about? Each of our top 4 guys will just sit there and get punched in the face and take it. I don't see one other team in the league who doesn't have at least a couple guys in their top 4 or 5 who mix it up, aren't afraid to scrum, maybe even a bit dirty. Especially the contenders.

In the last many years on this board the consensus has been that those things don't matter. But when all of your top guys are trying to be Gandhi, maybe it does.

In hindsight, Matthews smiling like an idiot while he let Weber ragdoll him like he was a child was a warning sign
Certainly taking a look at Tampa, just about any of their Top 6 will goon it up at any point in time.

This is another thread that will look ridiculous after the Leafs win the next two.

I’ve seen enough of these guys over the past several years to know that we’re going to get the mother of all mail-ins from them on Wednesday night.

No way they have the slightest interest in delaying their off-season fun and risking injury by attempting to battle back from a 3-0 deficit. Hell, they barely even tried when it was still only a 2-0 deficit.

If any of the big dogs were to be traded I would prefer it to be Marner.

Hell of a player, but....... on top of his mostly shitty play in the playoffs I just don't like him.

He simply comes across as a whiny, snivelling snot nosed little prick who thinks he's better than everyone else and puts himself ahead of anyone else to me.

I could be completely wrong but that's how I've always taken him.

Trade the fucker and fire fathead Keefe for a start.

Jesus Christ, I hate this complete organization at times.
It's why I call him the cancer.

Also, I really can't help but think that there is no way Corey Perry would let that locker room quit. Toxic masculinity.

How's Simmonds?

I’ve seen enough of these guys over the past several years to know that we’re going to get the mother of all mail-ins from them on Wednesday night.

No way they have the slightest interest in delaying their off-season fun and risking injury by attempting to battle back from a 3-0 deficit. Hell, they barely even tried when it was still only a 2-0 deficit.
"the mother of all mail-ins"

And now we have a title for the GDT

Back