• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Mother-fucking goddamn Off-season Thread

Also, I really can't help but think that there is no way Corey Perry would let that locker room quit. Toxic masculinity.

How's Simmonds?

I called it at the time that picking Simmonds over Perry was a mistake.

Could never have imagined how big a mistake it’d turn out to be. Though that said, I’m not sure that Perry would have moved the needle for this locker room.

The main benefit would’ve been not having to repeatedly face him in the playoffs.

I called it at the time that picking Simmonds over Perry was a mistake.

Could never have imagined how big a mistake it’d turn out to be. Though that said, I’m not sure that Perry would have moved the needle for this locker room.

The main benefit would’ve been not having to repeatedly face him in the playoffs.
After our run every player to a man, and we're talking veterans, credited Perry for not letting anyone quit. That's why I mentioned it.

He'll ride you if you're slacking. He doesn't give a shit. That's clear.

After our run every player to a man, and we're talking veterans, credited Perry for not letting anyone quit. That's why I mentioned it.

He'll ride you if you're slacking. He doesn't give a shit. That's clear.

Yeah, but your team had players with balls on it.

Pretty sure the reaction of our crew to a vet like Perry riding them would’ve been to quit even harder, then complain to Dubas in their exit interviews that Perry was a problem in the room and they don’t want him re-signed.

The collective aversion to getting hit is another problem. We’ve seen all of the 4 fwds bitch out on plays to avoid contact.

on the other hand we’ve seen all of kuch, stammer, tkachuck, point, Bennett and verhaege take big hits to make plays.

Yeah, but your team had players with balls on it.

Pretty sure the reaction of our crew to a vet like Perry riding them would’ve been to quit even harder, then complain to Dubas in their exit interviews that Perry was a problem in the room and they don’t want him re-signed.
These are competitive professional athletes man, I have trouble believing that.

The collective aversion to getting hit is another problem. We’ve seen all of the 4 fwds bitch out on plays to avoid contact.
This. Was saying it all night last night. Willy to the outside. Marner danced with the puck trying to avoid contact then eventually lost it.

Face it, they're the super hot chick that doesn't put out.

Matthews with the one handed dump in, Tavares in the corner. Don’t get yourself concussed but sometimes you gotta take the hit.

These are competitive professional athletes man, I have trouble believing that.

You haven’t seen enough Leaf games in the Matthews/Marner era, then.

In retrospect, what happened at the end of Babcock’s tenure here should have been a warning sign. He was a POS and had to go, but it’s still remarkable that they quit on him so hard that they, as a team with top-5 talent, almost missed the playoffs entirely that season.

We always prioritized the wrong type of experience. We paid for "veterans" instead of winners.

Marleau instead of Justin Williams
Thornton & Simmonds instead of Perry & Toffoli
Foligno instead of Jeff Carter

Finally got it right with ROR (yeah, I'll happily take the L here) and I think there's a reason for that. We paid for a winner and not a veteran. Fuck veterans.

I really struggle finding a workable Marner deal that makes enough sense for the Leafs even in a L trade and where Marner approves

I'm still not all that horned up over ROR but yeah he's been better than the 11 million dollar man Tavares and Thornton, Marleau, Simmonds, etc. Still, though he has largely gotten caved this playoffs. He's fine but I'm not sure I look at re-signing him. I think I prefer to get back to injecting more speed in the lineup.

I'm still not all that horned up over ROR but yeah he's been better than the 11 million dollar man Tavares and Thornton, Marleau, Simmonds, etc. Still, though he has largely gotten caved this playoffs. He's fine but I'm not sure I look at re-signing him. I think I prefer to get back to injecting more speed in the lineup.
Fun fact. Only one $10m+ contracted player has ever made the cup. And he lost.

Marner’s NMC doesn’t kick in until July 1st. Until then he has zero trade protection.

Same goes for Matthews & Nylander.
At draft anything can happen.

I suspect Matthews and Marner are going nowhere though. It'll be Willy like people said.

Back