• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Mother-fucking goddamn Off-season Thread

Show me where this grind to dust path is successful this year

Yeah, I don't think it works in 2023 tbh.

Skill through the forward lineup with pace, high motors in 3 zones, average plus goaltending, mobile blueline with enough of an edge to not get pushed around.

It's a speed and skill league, even in the playoffs. It just can't be empty speed and skill.

First, congrats to Jonas and the Chicago Blackhawks.

Second, it’s easy to forget but we did win a round. That is actually encouraging.

Third, Marner just turned 26 and Matthews is 25. We need to improve the team but that’s not old.

Let’s not completely give up. Look how long it took the Caps/Ovie for example. All great things are achieved little by little and sometimes a lot of failure happens before victory.

Second, it’s easy to forget but we did win a round. That is actually encouraging.

Third, Marner just turned 26 and Matthews is 25. We need to improve the team but that’s not old.

Let’s not completely give up. Look how long it took the Caps/Ovie for example. All great things are achieved little by little and sometimes a lot of failure happens before victory.
I disagree with every word of this

especialy the first part

So the Habs were a great team when they went to the finals even though they could barely win a game in the regular season?

Or maybe we can just acknowledge that the playoffs are a fucking free for all because anything can happen over a short 7 game set?

Habs went on an 11-2 run. The old guys like Weber and Pricey were obvs saving their worn out bodies for one last chance at glory.

Good team with great effort and even better friends made.

Well they've definitely got the lot of failure part down pat.

Who is the next Tkachuk style forward/defender available?

There are no good Tkachuk style forwards other than the Tkachuks.

Here's every forward with more than 100 hits (which will also show you how low a bar that is) or more in scoring race order

19) Tim Stutzle: 114
26) Brady Tkachuk: 242
27) JT Miller: 200
31) John Tavares: 112
43) Alex Ovechkin: 188
65) Logan Couture: 128
66) Adrian Kempe: 119
70) Alex...lol...DeBrincat: 109 (something tells me that all Senators hit numbers might be a touch inflated)
73) Timo Meier: 154

So yeah, there kind of aren't many. Matt Tkachuk is more of a super skilled greaseball, like a hyper evolved version of Bunting, or a bigger Marchand than he is a true power forward.

After that...maybe JT Miller if you can stomache the contract? Adrian Kempe if you're looking to give up Willy and LAK is looking to sell on a player who plays their style of game for a guy who doesn't.

What we should want is fast, skilled, and a bit of a pain in the ass to play against. There's a much larger number of those guys around.

Reactions: CH1
I don't think Brady is anywhere near Matthew in terms of what he brings. They just happened to have the same parents.

There are no good Tkachuk style forwards other than the Tkachuks.

Here's every forward with more than 100 hits (which will also show you how low a bar that is) or more in scoring race order

19) Tim Stutzle: 114
26) Brady Tkachuk: 242
27) JT Miller: 200
31) John Tavares: 112
43) Alex Ovechkin: 188
65) Logan Couture: 128
66) Adrian Kempe: 119
70) Alex...lol...DeBrincat: 109 (something tells me that all Senators hit numbers might be a touch inflated)
73) Timo Meier: 154

So yeah, there kind of aren't many. Matt Tkachuk is more of a super skilled greaseball, like a hyper evolved version of Bunting, or a bigger Marchand than he is a true power forward.

After that...maybe JT Miller if you can stomache the contract? Adrian Kempe if you're looking to give up Willy and LAK is looking to sell on a player who plays their style of game for a guy who doesn't.

What we should want is fast, skilled, and a bit of a pain in the ass to play against. There's a much larger number of those guys around.
I think we need a legit violent psychopath on the roster.

Pains me to say it, but that is part of what seems to be missing.

Back