• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Mother-fucking goddamn Off-season Thread

agreed.

just far more emotion doing the talking atm, imo,

I think none of us are 100% devoid of emotional tugs. Look at your history posting about the Jets. And I truly don't mean this as a slight. I'd be worried if you approached fandom like it was an actuary table for a Life Insurance company

Presto's view has been remarkably consistent since the trade deadline

did you prefer outplaying them, and losing?
I felt they were closer last year, for sure. You talk about luck all the time and I agree with you! You can easily fluke out a series win as long as you play a team relatively close. And the Leafs did just that this year. Whereas last year they lost a series where they outplayed Tampa. Poor luck!

I think none of us are 100% devoid of emotional tugs. Look at your history posting about the Jets. And I truly don't mean this as a slight. I'd be worried if you approached fandom like it was an actuary table for a Life Insurance company

absolutely…and I don’t shy away from it.

doesn’t change anything I’ve said here tho…

I sometimes worry about myself because I can be guilty of this. I did feel things when they beat Tampa though! That was fun despite the red flags.

I sometimes worry about myself because I can be guilty of this.

I was thinking about this over coffee this morning…..if we make the finals some year, we should all swear off analytics for the series, until its over. And just enjoy the pure emotion of the moment.

I think it would objectively result in a more enjoyable experience for the majority of the board.

I was thinking about this today over coffee this morning…..if we make the finals some year, we should all swear off analytics for the series, until its over. And just enjoy the pure emotion of the moment.

I think it would objectively result in a more enjoyable experience for the majority of the board.
Oh yeah once they're in the finals who gives a fuck about the nerdies. At that point it's just win and who cares how they do it. I only care about how they win now because with the way their playing, their odds of winning 4 series like this are incredibly low. But 1 series? The cup finals? Fuck, just win.

Oh yeah once they're in the finals who gives a fuck about the nerdies. At that point it's just win and who cares how they do it. I only care about how they win now because with the way their playing, their odds of winning 4 series like this are incredibly low. But 1 series? The cup finals? Fuck, just win.
Kinda have to fuck, just win the series before that to get there though

I was thinking about this over coffee this morning…..if we make the finals some year, we should all swear off analytics for the series, until its over. And just enjoy the pure emotion of the moment.

OCD man

Several here have a touch of it. Some more.

I was thinking about this today over coffee this morning…..if we make the finals some year, we should all swear off analytics for the series, until its over. And just enjoy the pure emotion of the moment.

That's what I once said about about the Habs run. I think most fans here (including myself) like to wear multiple hats.

Sometimes you have put away the enjoyable GM hat ( salary cap talk, nerdies, etc) and just cheer for the next win at a first row in the stands level.

Back