• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Mother-fucking goddamn Off-season Thread

Imagine moving to Edmonton for the amenities.
Hey if you want to pay $4000/month to live in a 250 sq. ft. micro-suite in Hogtown or Vancouver be my guest. I got fed up of standing in a pool of water up to my eyeballs and telling myself "At least I'm not drowning". Since moving here I now own a spacious condo that I couldn't have even afforded to rent, let alone buy, in Vancouver and half of it is already paid off. I have two cars, both completely paid off, and I filled my tank yesterday for $1.40/liter instead of the $1.92/liter being charged in Vancouver. I also make more money here than I've earned anyplace else because since Edmonton is a blue collar town, employers who need white collar workers who know the difference between "their", "they're", and "there" are willing to pay top dollar to get them and being able to speak Mandarin or Punjabi is not a requirement.

If not for the cold winters and the fascism it would be awesome. But Ontario also has cold winters and fascism. You just have to pay a lot more for yours.

They've been the worse team at 5 on 5 in all but 1 game this series. And that 1 game where they were "better" it was basically dead even (50.9% to 49.1%. This isn't about emotion.. I'm reading the same data you are, just without the blue tinted goggles. I agree they are unlucky to not have won 1 game based on how close game 2 and 3 were, but to say the Leafs should be up 2-1 is taking serious creative license with the data at hand. And to assume they are entitled to a cup or a won series despite playing a very pedestrian/mediocre game and haven't really dominated at any single moment (as most cup champs do in many stretches of their playoff runs, making "luck" become less of a factor) is also not the best approach. If every game is gonna be tight enough that your only hope in winning is being the luckier team, then you're probably not gonna win a cup. It just isn't how it works, even mathematically speaking.

Totally agree with your concept of luck being a major factor in this sport, but man you are really taking it too far. It has been my thing for years but I can't get on board with how far you have taken it.
when prestoluck reaches its end. sad.

Back