• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Mother-fucking goddamn Off-season Thread

i was hoping for this...I often just type out "Josh Anderson" here just to summon this jpeg

butters-biggie-smalls.gif

…and have them read fiction. It’s one of the best way to develop empathy, and expand their understanding of experiences outside their own.

You learn every bit as much about what it means to be a human from great literature, as you can from any other art form, imo.

for those with kids, never worry about the quality of what they’re reading when they’re young….if it’s comic books, so be it. Buy them what they enjoy, and fortify that reading habit as much as possible.

They’ll get to the meaningful stuff at their own pace.
I read them a chapter every night until their 11th birthday. Then they read themselves every night.

Bad children had bad parents, or a messed up situation. It's not the kid 99% of the time.

But when the coin consistently lands on one side,

…except we know that’s also going to happen with a perfectly legit coin, as each is a individual 50/50 chance that carries over no influence from the flip prior.

(I point this out, only because it applies for the analogy in question as well, imo)

Hey if you want to pay $4000/month to live in a 250 sq. ft. micro-suite in Hogtown or Vancouver be my guest. I got fed up of standing in a pool of water up to my eyeballs and telling myself "At least I'm not drowning". Since moving here I now own a spacious condo that I couldn't have even afforded to rent, let alone buy, in Vancouver and half of it is already paid off. I have two cars, both completely paid off, and I filled my tank yesterday for $1.40/liter instead of the $1.92/liter being charged in Vancouver. I also make more money here than I've earned anyplace else because since Edmonton is a blue collar town, employers who need white collar workers who know the difference between "their", "they're", and "there" are willing to pay top dollar to get them and being able to speak Mandarin or Punjabi is not a requirement.

If not for the cold winters and the fascism it would be awesome. But Ontario also has cold winters and fascism. You just have to pay a lot more for yours.
Lots of weird stuff in here, but glad you’re happy.

If I was motivated solely by cheap real estate, I’d live in Nova Scotia.

Gas prices and parking spots aren’t in my top 20.

Back