• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Mother-fucking goddamn Off-season Thread

Playoffs

5v5 49.6xgf%
EV 49.3xgf%
ALL 50.1xgf%

All in all i'd say the Leafs have earned their 4-5 record so far.

First series we’re just accepting as payment for all the series we’ve lost where we deserved to win….that was to balance out the force. Plus, it’s Tampa.

What‘s our ALL xG% versus Florida through three games?

First series we’re just accepting as payment for all the series we’ve lost where we deserved to win….that was to balance out the force. Plus, it’s Tampa.

What‘s our ALL xG% versus Florida through three games?

55.5%
50.5% 5v5

Lots of weird stuff in here, but glad you’re happy.

If I was motivated solely by cheap real estate, I’d live in Nova Scotia.

Gas prices and parking spots aren’t in my top 20.
That's because you never had to buy gas or look for parking on a regular basis in Vancouver. In Edmonton, if I want to go somewhere I just go. When I was in Vancouver, before I decided to go anywhere, I first had to factor in:
What time of day is it when I'm traveling there?
What time will it be when I drive back?
Where will I park when I get there?
How much will parking cost?

Doing anything or going anywhere in Vancouver is an expensive and time-consuming pain in the ass. In Edmonton I don't have to consider any of those factors. I went to the game on Monday and I'll be at the game tonight and driving there and back will take no more than 30 minutes each way, even with the traffic and detours. I've bought season tickets for the Elks and even though the stadium is across town and has no dedicated parking facility I can easily get there and back and find free parking. I'd have bought Oilers season tickets too, but they don't have the drink rail seats I want available. When I lived in Vancouver I couldn't afford to do any of this because too much of my salary went to rent, gas and parking.

for those with kids, never worry about the quality of what they’re reading when they’re young….if it’s comic books, so be it. Buy them what they enjoy, and fortify that reading habit as much as possible.

They’ll get to the meaningful stuff at their own pace.
I devoured MAD magazine as a kid. Never missed an issue between 1975-1979.

It's not weird, it's the typical WeHave mindset at work.

he's the sort of person who has thoroughly convinced himself that because a given thing is a thing he does or prefers, it is de facto the best option.
My preferred option is my best option. Isn't that what everyone does?

Besides, moving to Edmonton was never my plan. It was circumstances that prompted me to give it a shot and I've prospered from that choice to the extent to where I wouldn't go back to BC.

My preferred option is my best option. Isn't that what everyone does?

Besides, moving to Edmonton was never my plan. It was circumstances that prompted me to give it a shot and I've prospered from that choice to the extent to where I wouldn't go back to BC.

No, your preferred option is THE best option. did you not read what I wrote?

No, your preferred option is THE best option. did you not read what I wrote?
Everyone's preferred option is their best option. I'm not trying to encourage others to move to Edmonton. If everyone did that it would become crowded like Vancouver and Toronto and the price of everything would go up.

View attachment 16339
View attachment 16340

il_794xN.4204598605_cl8k.jpg

View attachment 16341

But Edmonton
1683740039701.png

You come back with an airbrushed filtered picture?

Stay in Edmonton dude. I feel sorry for Worm and anyone else that has to know you live in their town.

That's because you never had to buy gas or look for parking on a regular basis in Vancouver. In Edmonton, if I want to go somewhere I just go. When I was in Vancouver, before I decided to go anywhere, I first had to factor in:

Doing anything or going anywhere in Vancouver is an expensive and time-consuming pain in the ass. In Edmonton I don't have to consider any of those factors. I went to the game on Monday and I'll be at the game tonight and driving there and back will take no more than 30 minutes each way, even with the traffic and detours. I've bought season tickets for the Elks and even though the stadium is across town and has no dedicated parking facility I can easily get there and back and find free parking. I'd have bought Oilers season tickets too, but they don't have the drink rail seats I want available. When I lived in Vancouver I couldn't afford to do any of this because too much of my salary went to rent, gas and parking.
Try Europe you whiny little b....

Trying buying gas on an island, and I don't mean Montreal.

The girl in that pic also wears a parka any time she sets food outside her house 10 months out of the year.
I see chicks in this town who wear canvas running shoes with no socks, mitts or touques on the coldest day of the year. I guess they're acclimatized to the cold.

you can also choose to live in a city where you don't require a car.

our car sits in the driveway Monday-Friday most weeks, save trips to the park with the pooch in the AMs

Back