• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Mother-fucking goddamn Off-season Thread

I can only speak for myself, but I assume it’s not a minority experience….. I loved every goddamn player on those 93-94 Leafs runs.

So many of the non superstars were still legends in my eyes….Zezel, Mirinov, Osborne, Berg, MaCoun, Foligno, Manderville, Rouse, Lefebvre, Krusheknyski….

Suffice to say you'd hate Ellett Mironov Gill Cullen Anderson Gartner etcetc now

Gonna be an interesting off-season. They should get a new coach, and as much as I hate to say it, trading Marner should probably be explored. Great in the regular season ... but.

personally i would keep Dubas. But it's definitely gonna be a hard sell.

the plan was good.

the pussy abandoned it tho.

4 lines of speed and players who can actually play hockey

Not sure what the fuck happened, but that shit got left for dead and we keep losing series on goals scored by depth players who can play hockey. Cousins, Paul, Perry...

Gonna be an interesting off-season. They should get a new coach, and as much as I hate to say it, trading Marner should probably be explored. Great in the regular season ... but.

personally i would keep Dubas. But it's definitely gonna be a hard sell.
Same. Keep Dubas, dump Keefe. Give Dubas two more years to get somewhere with the new coach, and if it's more of the same, that's the end for him and really the core.

I wouldn't move any of the core 4. It's hard to look at Marner when Matty goes goalless, and tough to look at Matty when Tavares gets nothing, and tough to look at Tavares when Willy only gets one or two. They can't all be broken late in series. It's impossible. Figure out what the issue is, and keep them until they either figure it out or don't. There's no winning any trade involving any of them, we'll only calgary ourselves.

Same. Keep Dubas, dump Keefe. Give Dubas two more years to get somewhere with the new coach, and if it's more of the same, that's the end for him and really the core.

I wouldn't move any of the core 4. It's hard to look at Marner when Matty goes goalless, and tough to look at Matty when Tavares gets nothing, and tough to look at Tavares when Willy only gets one or two. They can't all be broken late in series. It's impossible. Figure out what the issue is, and keep them until they either figure it out or don't. There's no winning any trade involving any of them, we'll only calgary ourselves.
What if…. they are the issue?

Dubas intentionally made them a worse team because he thought the worse players that he added made them a better playoff team. And they won a round (luckily) so maybe he even feels validated in that.
Maybe. But it's one series win in his entire tenure.

Dubas intentionally made them a worse team because he thought the worse players that he added made them a better playoff team. And they won a round (luckily) so maybe he even feels validated in that.
ROR, Schenn and Acciari were all good adds though. McCabe I guess is debatable but makes a lot of sense at $2m. unless you really think we are a Pierre Engvall away from round 3.

Back