• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Mother-fucking goddamn Off-season Thread

So when does everyone get fired? Do they typically wait until the playoffs are over or how's all this work?

Shanahan can go first.
You would think firing the coach would be the obvious one, because he is the only coach they have had with these blue chip players in their prime. But how many coaches have a 0.678 winning percentage in their first 250 + games. That's freaking insane.

Two regulation wins in 11 playoff games.
Your home record is a fireable offense. How Does a team that goes 4-1 on the road in two series lose?

I'm sure some idiot team will hire him for his regular season record but the only answer is coaching when you lose at home in the playoffs consistently.

Nothing more dangerous than a guy that thinks he's smart and knows things but doesn't.

I didn't understand and never liked 11 forwards and 7 D, Just roll out 4 lines for continuity. A 7th defenseman messes up the pairings.

Your home record is a fireable offense. How Does a team that goes 4-1 on the road in two series lose?

I'm sure some idiot team will hire him for his regular season record but the only answer is coaching when you lose at home in the playoffs consistently.

Nothing more dangerous than a guy that thinks he's smart and knows things but doesn't.

I mean Paul Maurice just booked his ticket to the conference finals - so prob some teachable moments for the coach on this one. He’s good at teaching systems, so that’s a start I guess for wherever he ends up. And if not with Dubas then he’ll prob get less a say in the roster which should only help him in the future

think we need to see what kind of changes ownership has the guts to make first, before turning to the players (which really just means what happens with the Small 5)

Gleaned from Mirtle

It’s not exactly the league’s best-kept secret that Shanahan and Dubas have been somewhat at odds this season, something evident in the fact they haven’t watched many games together, a change from years past.

Dubas, those close to him say, will want to be paid handsomely, especially if there are other offers from the likes of Pittsburgh, Calgary or even division rival Ottawa. And he will want greater job security and autonomy within whatever structure Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment settles on.

Back