• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Mother-fucking goddamn Off-season Thread

They were a better team last year. Looked better every step of the way from the season to playoffs with the nerdies backing that up. They got slower and less skilled.
Engvall and Sandin's ability to push the play forward was sorely missed.

Engvall and Mikky having that speed and those long reaches was such a luxury.

With Engvall going UFA, I would love it if they corrected that error at least.

They were a better team last year. Looked better every step of the way from the season to playoffs with the nerdies backing that up. They got slower and less skilled.
last year's team was better than this year, but not because of the guys we added at the deadline. It's pretty obvious what Acciari brings, and Schenn owned the nerdies in these playoffs.

ROR, Schenn and Acciari were all good adds though. McCabe I guess is debatable but makes a lot of sense at $2m. unless you really think we are a Pierre Engvall away from round 3.

New McCabe is like old McCabe, except without the offensive talent.

Not a bad deal at $2M, I guess, but still disappointing.

Schenn was damn good. Barely made an error for 11 straight games.

It's too bad they didn't realize he replaced what Holl supposedly brings, and not what Sandin added.

Fuck them for dumping better players for nothing and going with vet slugs like Holl.

last year's team was better than this year, but not because of the guys we added at the deadline. It's pretty obvious what Acciari brings, and Schenn owned the nerdies in these playoffs.
The deadline is more about what he didn't do. They had a glaring need up front and the cap space/flexibility/draft capital to fill that need. He chose not to, after trading a bottom six possession dominating forward with speed.

Slower and less skilled. And it was very evident. They got lucky Knies helped fill a need but they had the ability to add more. And chose not to.

The deadline is more about what he didn't do. They had a glaring need up front and the cap space/flexibility/draft capital to fill that need. He chose not to, after trading a bottom six possession dominating forward with speed.

Slower and less skilled. And it was very evident. They got lucky Knies helped fill a need but they had the ability to add more. And chose not to.
he should have closed the deadline by adding one more forward

And the McCabe trade was fine but aiming higher with an aggressive move for a bigger fish was a larger need. McCabe was just... Unnecessary.

Yep. We needed another legit high-end defenseman. Not a flawed, “ok, just ok” #4 defenseman.

ROR, Schenn and Acciari were all good adds though. McCabe I guess is debatable but makes a lot of sense at $2m. unless you really think we are a Pierre Engvall away from round 3.
How was giving up assets for a pending UFA on the wrong side of 30, slower than molasses in January and who did next to nothing in the playoffs a good add?

We already know the bad news.

The good news? These guys are all UFAs:

Holl
Kerf
Simmonds
ZAR
ROR
Acciari
Kampf
Cunt
Gus
Schenn

Cunt and Schenn can stay if the price and term are extremely right. Otherwise, they can all fuck off.

Back