• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Mother-fucking goddamn Off-season Thread

Maybe not but I’m also not sure he can’t be.
I’ve been saying Shanny has his paws on Doobs moves since last year.

Do I know this for sure? Not at all. Only the higher ups at MLSE know.
It's possible. I feel it's a bit of a cop out until it's confirmed. Dubas seems to be very all-in on this gudpro shit and abandonment of his original plan. But yes it's possible.

It's possible. I feel it's a bit of a cop out until it's confirmed. Dubas seems to be very all-in on this gudpro shit and abandonment of his original plan. But yes it's possible.

That’s the thing. We don’t know if Dubas was just following orders. But we’ll find out if he lands elsewhere next season and trades for Boosh 3.0

Gleaned from Mirtle

It’s not exactly the league’s best-kept secret that Shanahan and Dubas have been somewhat at odds this season, something evident in the fact they haven’t watched many games together, a change from years past.

Dubas, those close to him say, will want to be paid handsomely, especially if there are other offers from the likes of Pittsburgh, Calgary or even division rival Ottawa. And he will want greater job security and autonomy within whatever structure Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment settles on.
Get lost nerd.

I mean Paul Maurice just booked his ticket to the conference finals - so prob some teachable moments for the coach on this one. He’s good at teaching systems, so that’s a start I guess for wherever he ends up. And if not with Dubas then he’ll prob get less a say in the roster which should only help him in the future
Maurice rarely flares up. Stays calm and keeps his players calm. I just don't think beating the core over the head is the way to go coaching wise.

Maurice rarely flares up. Stays calm and keeps his players calm. I just don't think beating the core over the head is the way to go coaching wise.

I meant when Maurice left here he was seen in a pretty shitty light by toronto fans and look at him now. Takes more than the first NHL gig to find yourself as a coach usually

I meant when Maurice left here he was seen in a pretty shitty light by toronto fans and look at him now. Takes more than the first NHL gig to find yourself as a coach usually
There's a lot of games played since then. Maurice has always been a student of hockey. He adapts.

he had more success with the Canes (his first job) than with us (his second)

Gleaned from Mirtle

It’s not exactly the league’s best-kept secret that Shanahan and Dubas have been somewhat at odds this season, something evident in the fact they haven’t watched many games together, a change from years past.

Dubas, those close to him say, will want to be paid handsomely, especially if there are other offers from the likes of Pittsburgh, Calgary or even division rival Ottawa. And he will want greater job security and autonomy within whatever structure Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment settles on.
The Sens have lots of young talent. Let Dubas go to Ottawa so he can squander it like he did in Toronto.

Exciting times to wake up a Leafs fan.

With this dynamic core, one second round appearance in 7 years.

If they tried to have less playoff success, they’d probably have advanced further, even just once, by accident.

Now we get to see them likely make panic scapegoat type moves that make us worse before the whole thing gets flushed down the toilet and then we see these guys each separately become playoff heroes for other teams and win cups.

Simulation is permanently set to fuck you mode for us.

I mean Shanny completely turned the organization around from a perennial loser to legit contender. Dubas took a team with Matthews/Marner/Willy/Reilly and made zero progress in 5 years.

honestly looks like Shany’s biggest mistake, and maybe only mistake, was betting big on Dubas.

it’s so far from Shapiro/AA it’s not even funny.

They aren’t blowing anything up though. They won a round. Season was a big success and they are all confident in the plan. I’m 90% sure of it.

maybe Keefe goes.

I mean Shanny completely turned the organization around from a perennial loser to legit contender. Dubas took a team with Matthews/Marner/Willy/Reilly and made zero progress in 5 years.

honestly looks like Shany’s biggest mistake, and maybe only mistake, was betting big on Dubas.

The weak link is Dubas’s faith in Keefe.

He picked a terrible guy for this team. First NHL coaching gig with zero experience and entrusted with some of the most elite talents in their primes in their early 20s and this is what he produces? Consistently pushing good kids to the side for bad vets. Giving bad vets endless amounts of rope to hang US with. And not being able to coach himself or anyone else out of a paper bag at home. Truly pathetic. I’d have zero expectation of success if he returns, no matter what the roster looks like.

Dubie’s problem is it looks like he either indulges Keefe now or is somehow unable to push the right players onto him. Given that the composition of the roster is all Dubie, this is fucking insane. I’d have said these are your players, use em. No debate. Whatever the case, it has to be clear to him that this is not the right coach going forward.

If you follow the “panthers model” you fire the coach and swap core pieces with a western conference team

Dubas is very good at running the draft.

If you follow the “panthers model” you fire the coach and swap core pieces with a western conference team
Willy showed he deserves to stay, Matty may have played hurt and is still a young 60 goal 1C, and Marner is still one of the best wingers in hockey. There’s no way to win a trade of any of these guys when dealing from a weak position like this now.

AA would have taken a big swing at Ekholm. Dubas took the safe route. The years of control, sweet spot of shared risk route. I was hoping McCabe had a lot more to give and he truly was a Muzzin and that would have changed everything, but alas, he was not.

Back