• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Mother-fucking goddamn Off-season Thread

Also, Rielly should jammed that thing as hard as he could at the end there. Tavares too right after. They should've made his pad go as deep into the net as possible. Fuck these guys are just too nice. Imagine that was Bennett who took the Rielly shot or followed up on the doorstep like Tavares.

How about if he just repeats twice and hits 72 goals? Does that meet the magic threshold for approval?

He looked good enough to me in the playoffs. Better than everyone except Rielly and Nylander. Scored the winning goal against TB, made the nice little pass to Willy for his tying goal yesterday. He's criminally underappreciated because he makes $11M. You can ditch him and then go spend $6M on two players to get you those 80 goals that he might get you by himself.
I should add, came that close to winning it with a tip in OT just before they scored on us.

If the Leafs had 2 power forwards on the first 2 lines that really were willing to dig in and make room for their softer linemates...

If the Leafs had 2 power forwards on the first 2 lines that really were willing to dig in and make room for their softer linemates...
Losing Knies was fucking huge.

It's almost ridiculous to say it, a 20 year old with not even 10 games of NHL experience, but he was awesome (as expected) when it came to board battles, twisting and turning with the puck in deep, taking and dishing out the physical element, and adding speed and unpredictability, he was a pure STUD. Not a surprise we looked noticeably worse without him. 4-1 against TB with him, and I think he played half of game 1 here after that joke of a tackle.

But yeah, we needed him on one line, another like him on the other line, and Bunting doing his Bunting thing on the third line. Speaking of him, he showed nice energy, but did jack shit other than injure a key guy in round one.

Yeah, but that was after the play was called and Bob pulled it in and out again. Which frankly made it look like it wasn't in.

But the view you posted above it, was where the puck was as Rielly was gliding by. In other words, in. With white ice showing between the puck and the line.

Fuck the NHL.

How about if he just repeats twice and hits 72 goals?

How about this for a neat trick...20 goals at 5v5 in either fucking year we're stuck with the cunt. Fucking clown was 71st in 5v5 goals this season. 70 fucking 1st.

He looked good enough to me in the playoffs. Better than everyone except Rielly and Nylander

lol, fucking clown shoes. Slow and terrible the entire time.

I put my rant about refs in the for Borje thread, but here's a thought thread.

Out of all the big four, the one I am most disappointed with is marner.

If you watch....he never finishes a check. Does too much in big moments., and Keefe never moved him.off Matthews line.

He's the trade piece imo. Too laughy laughy...too small.

You don't give him away obviously, but I'd trade him for a good power winger and some picks that could be used for upgrades at 2C and 3C.

I'm not going to post who to get, because I know you're not getting value but..

Look to teams that may want to retool as well.

conner in Winnipeg...maybe a flame or two. Philly or a westcoast team looking to get back into the playoffs ala San Jose Anaheim or LA

Even though I hate the jets, they need to make trades...to get players and those guys want out.

Connor as a main piece maybe a D or PLD as a throw in and then we trade to Montreal for a pick or Dach or edmunson..

All sorts of ideas and no I ain't high...too early in the morning

Just haven't posted in a while out of frustration

If you're willing to do that you'd be dumb not to ask for Hellebuyck with Conner. My opinion.
I thought of hellybuck as well

Marner, Murray and a pick for
Kyle Connor, hellybuck and neidereiter or PLD which we'd flip to the habs or keep....or we ask for lowry

Knies Matthews lowry

Would be a very difficult line to face that could maybe give Matthews some God damn space

I thought of hellybuck as well

Marner, Murray and a pick for
Kyle Connor, hellybuck and neidereiter or PLD which we'd flip to the habs or keep....or we ask for lowry
I actually think Winnipeg is in a worse position than the Leafs. They can't gut.

Back