• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Mother-fucking goddamn Off-season Thread

it'll be interesting to see what Keefe does under a new GM. Things can go weird when you settle into groupthink with one front office and lack dissenting opinions.

it'll be interesting to see what Keefe does under a new GM. Things can go weird when you settle into groupthink with one front office and lack dissenting opinions.

I know when they worked together with the Marlies, they had an unusually collaborative relationship for a GM/head coach and that Dubas was more hands-on in day-to-day coaching decisions than is typical.

So if Treliving doesn’t operate the same way, it’s possible we see a change in how Sheldon operates. Whether that’s for better or worse remains to be seen.

Based on those behind the scenes videos, it always seemed like Dubie was Keefe’s bitch, so here’s hoping that the tree liver can exert some influence and set him straight on some things.

definitely seemed like Keefe asserted more and more dominance as time went by.

judging by Brad's player moves so far it sure seems to me that he's kind of challenging Keefe to maintain team defense while adding more offense-oriented players.

after checking the #'s, it does appear there's no other way to keep Bertuzzi, regardless of moving other contracts or an increase to the salary cap. #Sad.

ctSexYX.gif

Why, what should Bertuzzi cost?

Remove Klingberg and use a young D instead, and isn’t that more than enough? Not to mention rising cap?

Why, what should Bertuzzi cost?

Remove Klingberg and use a young D instead, and isn’t that more than enough? Not to mention rising cap?

This really depends on what he is.

If he's a 25 goal 50pt winger he's worth about $6mil

If he's a 35 goal 75pt winger he's worth about $8mil

I'm thinking that if he's a top-line player, he can easily achieve the latter.

This really depends on what he is.

If he's a 25 goal 50pt winger he's worth about $6mil

If he's a 35 goal 75pt winger he's worth about $8mil

I'm thinking that if he's a top-line player, he can easily achieve the latter.
Yeah but my point was exactly that - how much more could he possibly require on a long term deal, and why wouldn’t we be easily in a position to do it by just walking from Klingberg?

Dude is 28 and has exactly one impact season on his resume to this point. If he manages a 2nd while on Auston's wing, it would be pretty dumb to sign him to a UFA rate contract to keep him until he's in his mid 30's.

Best to worst Paces:

Age 26: 68gms, 36gl/75pt pace
Age 25: 9gms, 46gl/64pt pace
Age 27: 57gms, 19gl/58pt pace
Age 24: 71gms, 24gl/55pt pace
Age 23: 73gms, 24gl/53pt pace
Age 22: 48gms, 12gl/41pt pace
Age 21: 7gms, 0gl/0pt pace

When we signed him, I was sort of like, why didn’t we give him a multi year deal, because what number was he actually looking for out there? $8m? If 3 x $5.5m was offered, he wouldn’t have jumped at it? Pretty dumb if not, imo, and I can only imagine the Leafs were down but he wasn’t.

Back