• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Mother-fucking goddamn Off-season Thread

Yeah I realize I'm probably the weird one. I pretty much stopped going to games over a decade ago because I genuinely enjoy watching at home far better. Have passed up free tickets multiple times.. Playoffs would be cool once in a blue moon but a game vs Arizona on a Tuesday night? Give me my couch every time.

I love going to visiting arenas to see the leafs and talking with other Leaf fans who have travelled to games. Spending a ton for Scotiabank? Nah. I had a freaking blast at Mullet arena drinking with the Snowbird Leaf fans.

Yeah I realize I'm probably the weird one. I pretty much stopped going to games over a decade ago because I genuinely enjoy watching at home far better. Have passed up free tickets multiple times.. Playoffs would be cool once in a blue moon but a game vs Arizona on a Tuesday night? Give me my couch every time.
See if you were able to get tickets and wrote them off, or at least the majority, and used them for business gifts (crap games only unless a major client) then it's worth it. At least in the states. Don't know how that works in Canada tax wise.

But yes, you're better off using a reseller service like stubhub whenever you really want a game. You'll pay 10% more but in the end it's much much cheaper if you only do to a few games.

I love going to visiting arenas to see the leafs and talking with other Leaf fans who have travelled to games. Spending a ton for Scotiabank? Nah. I had a freaking blast at Mullet arena drinking with the Snowbird Leaf fans.
Great topic actually. What arenas have you seen a game in? I've got many defunct arenas on that list too

Great topic actually. What arenas have you seen a game in? I've got many defunct arenas on that list too
I've seen Leafs in Vegas, Nashville, Arizona, Boston. (Aside from the usual Buffalo, Ottawa, Montreal). Vegas and Nashvillle have amazing atmosphere in the arena, then of course you walk outside after the game and you're at party central in amazing locations.
Mullet is in a college town that was dead at the time, as Leaf game was during Christmas break, so dull area, but the 5K made it feel real comfortable with an amazing view for every seat. Very easy to walk around and talk to everyone.

I don't want to be a grump but standing in a crowded building with a shit view of the ice seems like a horrible option compared to sitting on a comfy couch on a big screen TV with a beer in hand.
Yep. Tvs are so good now it makes it tough to spend that much $ for a crappy view in a packed arena with annoying people. And quite frankly, I love hockey, but it's not the best game to see live. basketball is far better to see live.

Been making a real effort to go to more shows, sporting events, and just generally out this summer because I find myself downtown a lot for work. Kinda shifted back from "I'm too old to go out" mode. The thrill is apparently still there.

Value for your money definitely isn't a thing for Leafs games though so I get that perspective - more bang for your buck to travel and get that added experience.

$100-200 bucks for the privilege of standing for 3-4 hours, watching the Leafs from a bad vantage point in a dead building and having mediocre overpriced food & drink? No thanks.

Honestly not sure if I’ll ever pay for tickets to see the Leafs in Toronto again. Maybe if my nephew becomes a big fan and wants to go to a game. Otherwise I’ll watch ‘em from the comfort of my or a friend’s home.

And I would see them on the road again. Pretty much all of my most fun experiences seeing live Leaf games have been on the road.

Scotiabank atmosphere is bad. And it's so overpriced. And if you're from the area going to downtown isn't exactly exciting as you've been there hundreds/thousands times before.

Some friends who were visiting from Australia wanted to see a game while in town. I was actually embarrassed by how dead ScotiaBank was. Zero atmosphere.

Some friends who were visiting from Australia wanted to see a game while in town. I was actually embarrassed by how dead ScotiaBank was. Zero atmosphere.
I have a lot of Australian family and I brought them to a Leafs/Sabres game in Buffalo instead. Atmosphere was pretty good. Scotiabank is not good. Canadians are supposed to be so passionate about the game. Everyone sits on their hands.

If we trade Jarnkrok, Kessel would be useful to have around in the press box as offensive depth.

Why would we trade Jarny? To add Kessel?

I don’t think he’s what goes for a replacement anymore.

We should trade Yarncock just for the sake of getting rid of him.

For whatever value he might bring in the regular season, he’s now got a very lengthy track record of being completely fucking useless in the playoffs. 86 career playoff games, and in those games he’s scored 5 goals & 22 points.

Surely there are better ways to spend his $2.1M cap hit.

Back