• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Mother-fucking goddamn Off-season Thread

Yeah not sure I'd replace proven playoff loser with a proven playoff loser. The only upside is he'd be cheaper than Jarncock.

Generally not a big believer in small sample stuff in playoffs and the belief that the game is *entirely* different and evaluating "playoff players" vs "non playoff players" but these guys have large enough samples to believe that maybe something is going on there.

I'm torn on Pierre (heh)

On one hand, I'd like to see what he would have been able to do with the same type of opportunity KerfKrok received in Toronto. That he could carry the 3rd line without much help ended up hurting him here. He was annoying (a bit of a big bitch, though opposing teams seemed to fucking hate him for some weird reason, I've never seen him bust a grape in a food fight) and of pretty limited hockey IQ with the puck (which would have aggravated me to no fucking end if he was in the top 6 I think) but he was effective out there. Dunno if I would have been cool with throwing 3 million at him long term (though I prefer his deal to Kampf's....I think we're going to find out the hard way that Pierre was carrying that line) but at the end of the day I definitely prefer him over the rest of our depth. He's just flat out better than Jarnkrok, Kerfoot, Kampf, Lafferty, ZAR, etc.

Yeah not sure I'd replace proven playoff loser with a proven playoff loser. The only upside is he'd be cheaper than Jarncock.

Generally not a big believer in small sample stuff in playoffs and the belief that the game is *entirely* different and evaluating "playoff players" vs "non playoff players" but these guys have large enough samples to believe that maybe something is going on there.

Yeah, once you hit 30-40 games of pure fall on dick failure in the playoffs, it's a pretty safe bet that you're going to continue falling on your dick.

I have a lot of Australian family and I brought them to a Leafs/Sabres game in Buffalo instead. Atmosphere was pretty good. Scotiabank is not good. Canadians are supposed to be so passionate about the game. Everyone sits on their hands.
Atmosphere in bell centre is usually great.

Seen games in

Montreal
Toronto
Boston
NYR
NYI
Hartford
Buffalo
Quebec City
Raleigh
Tampa
Dallas
Chicago
Vegas
LA Kings
Detroit
Pittsburgh
Philly
Washington
Atlanta
Vancouver
Ottawa
Nashville

I'm forgetting a couple

I'm torn on Pierre (heh)

On one hand, I'd like to see what he would have been able to do with the same type of opportunity KerfKrok received in Toronto. That he could carry the 3rd line without much help ended up hurting him here. He was annoying (a bit of a big bitch, though opposing teams seemed to fucking hate him for some weird reason, I've never seen him bust a grape in a food fight) and of pretty limited hockey IQ with the puck (which would have aggravated me to no fucking end if he was in the top 6 I think) but he was effective out there. Dunno if I would have been cool with throwing 3 million at him long term (though I prefer his deal to Kampf's....I think we're going to find out the hard way that Pierre was carrying that line) but at the end of the day I definitely prefer him over the rest of our depth. He's just flat out better than Jarnkrok, Kerfoot, Kampf, Lafferty, ZAR, etc.
And despite him falling on his dick in his playoff career offensively he wasn't an empty calorie player like the Kerfkrok's of the world. The Leafs generally carried possession and outplayed the opposition when he was on the ice. So as a depth guy (and not someone you expect much offense from) he was damn useful.

Not a fan of that contract either but he provided excess value in each of the last 3 seasons. Cheap and drove every line he played on adequately.

My list isn't bad but isn't great either. Will start adding to it again eventually. There's only a few that I feel like I'm missing out on at this point

Toronto
Ottawa
Buffalo
Edmonton
Calgary
Vancouver
Tampa
Sunrise/Miami
San Jose
Nassau

My list isn't bad but isn't great either. Will start adding to it again eventually. There's only a few that I feel like I'm missing out on at this point

Toronto
Ottawa
Buffalo
Edmonton
Calgary
Vancouver
Tampa
Sunrise/Miami
San Jose
Nassau
I love road trips for games. There's a focus on the game and having fun as opposed to incorporating it into a longer vacation. Plus most were done in my younger days. Still feel the itch though. Need to do Alberta and Winnipeg but meh. One day maybe.

Need to do Alberta and Winnipeg but meh. One day maybe.

I didn't do the Winnipeg part of the run because meh....but the west coast swing is fairly easy if you've got 7-10 days you're not doing anything with. Winnipeg to Alberta is a short flight, driving between Edmonton & Calgary is 3 hours, and the flight to Vancouver from either is short as well.

I want to do an eastern seaboard rip by train if the schedule lines up before I move (some combination of Boston, NYR, Jersey, Philly, Washington), would be so much easier to do that from Toronto instead of Mexico ffs. Once in Mexico full time I'll start doing some combo of the Cali/Vegas/Arizona/Dallas games once a year I think.

I want to do an eastern seaboard rip by train if the schedule lines up before I move (some combination of Boston, NYR, Jersey, Philly, Washington), would be so much easier to do that from Toronto instead of Mexico ffs. Once in Mexico full time I'll start doing some combo of the Cali/Vegas/Arizona/Dallas games once a year I think.

that’s kind of what I did about a decade ago….added Islanders but Flyers weren’t in town when I was there

but went to the Philly arena during Carter vs Iverson playoff madness

I didn't do the Winnipeg part of the run because meh....but the west coast swing is fairly easy if you've got 7-10 days you're not doing anything with. Winnipeg to Alberta is a short flight, driving between Edmonton & Calgary is 3 hours, and the flight to Vancouver from either is short as well.

Just reminded me I saw a game in NJ too.

Yeah trips from Mexico should be easy

Back