• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Mother-fucking goddamn Off-season Thread

Who are the replacements who are good for 15-20 goals at league minimum?

1st bit is that Jarnkrok is hardly "good for 15-20" goals in a season. He averages 13-14 a year (in 15+ minutes a night)

He's scored more than 16 in a season once in his career, last year on a career high SH%.

As for who could match that (13-15G) for league minimum? Tatar, Staal, Parise, Ritchie, Kessel, maybe Josh Bailey, maybe Heinen.

It's not like Jarnkrok is particularly good at anything else of value either.

I'm not living or dying by Jarny, but I think he's a lot better than he's getting credit for, and that he's worth the money for what I saw him do last year. With an offensively-inclined roster, he performed pretty nicely getting 40 points despite missing games, and I really don't have high hopes for the rest of the current bottom six to put up points. He'd be missed. Whether Tatar would replace his output for half price, I don't know.

How much cap do we actually have to cut before opening night?

Are we like $2.1m over if you apply the LTIRs and drop Jones?

The bottom line is if we want to keep Timmins we need to ride or die with 11 forwards or trade Jarnkrok. Or we could trade Lilly. I'd rather trade Jarnkrok.

Dumping timmins or lilly would still leave us with a super tight roster with no extras tho. Trading Jarnkrok let's us carry a full roster with 2 extras.

If they trade Lilly, I may just lose interest this year, not even kidding.

As for Jarny, to dump him would be madness, but to trade him for value would be fine. It just doesn't seem much from the roster is tradeable - Laff, Timmins, Robertson, McCabe? Everyone else, we either wouldn't want to trade or they just got here. If they could do a package deal with some of those names and get someone actually useful, then let's do it. Dumping guys for nothing sucks. I had my fill of that last year.

Neither could you.

Ehhh...nice try.

Now he's our best depth scorer after the big boys and maybe Domi?

I'll take "damning with faint praise" for 1000 Alex.

You're really hanging too much of his value on his 19% shooting performance last season and not enough on everything else he's done in his career. He's our 7th best offensive forward at best (*offer not valid in the playoffs) and could easily be passed by Robertson, Knies, and Holmberg this season if the kids are given opportunities. A guy who puts up ~15 goals in middle 6 usage is easily replaceable.

Back