• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Mother-fucking goddamn Off-season Thread

Kessel wants to play this season, bring back phill the thrill!

I mean…Kessel is most likely not an NHL player anymore. Vegas certainly didn’t seem to think so in the playoffs. But I’m still kind of tempted.

As long as there’s a handshake agreement that Kessel plays in the first game of the season (which is also the home opener) and then voluntarily sits out game #2 to remove his streak as any kind of factor. No more Patty Marleau shit.

Eh. Go play with a non-contender and prove you can actually still keep up and then maybe at the deadline for super super cheap.

I mean…Kessel is most likely not an NHL player anymore. Vegas certainly didn’t seem to think so in the playoffs. But I’m still kind of tempted.

As long as there’s a handshake agreement that Kessel plays in the first game of the season (which is also the home opener) and then voluntarily sits out game #2 to remove his streak as any kind of factor. No more Patty Marleau shit.

No more Kessel shit. Fuck that.

If he stays healthy and pops 30/65 or similar, he walks into 6+ million x 5-7 years in free agency.
Meaning, easily affordable for us if we want him. And presumably we should’ve been able to get a little term if we had wanted when we signed him.

Last edited:
FYI anyone who doesn't mind standing during a game... the majority of leaf games are available on ticket Master and the standing room sections have availability.

1st Sat night game of the season is $108 in those areas.

To stand.

Crazy. Hey here's a c note plus so I can buy over priced beer and scope for an empty seat when the usher isn't looking. Then I'll hold my bladder all game because I don't want to lose the seat I just sniped.

When I was a kid those were $5

I used to get those tickets all the time back in the day... and they used to only be $40 each so crazy how much they've bumped that up.

Mind you, that was around 2007-2009.

To stand.

Crazy. Hey here's a c note plus so I can buy over priced beer and scope for an empty seat when the usher isn't looking. Then I'll hold my bladder all game because I don't want to lose the seat I just sniped.

When I was a kid those were $5
I don't want to be a grump but standing in a crowded building with a shit view of the ice seems like a horrible option compared to sitting on a comfy couch on a big screen TV with a beer in hand.

I don't want to be a grump but standing in a crowded building with a shit view of the ice seems like a horrible option compared to sitting on a comfy couch on a big screen TV with a beer in hand.
Plus that 100 could buy a handjob while watching. So I've heard I mean.

I actually really enjoyed those spots to be honest - not a shit view of the ice, pretty much at centre ice and good to see the whole play develop.

But yeah, 100+ for that is absurd. $40 bucks though? Yeah, why the hell not.

Back