• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Mother-fucking goddamn Off-season Thread

i mean no, not in the slightest.

giphy.gif

is not one of the best?

No

I mean, first we're ignoring other positions and shit too. Add the top ~15 or so defenders who are clearly more impactful than he is without a debate being remotely necessary, and then the top 10 goalies who are also more impactful than him and we're down into the 50's or 60's without even trying hard, like by bringing up that he was 85th in even strength points in the league last season.

I call American cheese cheese. Others don't.

You call a forward who finishes 29th place in points (largely due to being a freeloader on a top PP but we can even ignore that) one of the best players in the league (and even including d and goalies!). I don't.

We will never come to an agreement if we have different definitions of "one of the best players in the league."

I call American cheese cheese. Others don't.

You call a forward who finishes 29th place in points (largely due to being a freeloader on a top PP but we can even ignore that) one of the best players in the league (and even including d and goalies!). I don't.

We will never come to an agreement if we have different definitions of "one of the best players in the league."
Okay, so let's go by position then.

Top 15 in scoring among centers.

Better?

zeke guesses:

Knies - Tavares - Lafferty
Gregor - Domi - Robertson
Cowan - Minten - Hirvonen
Clifford - Holmberg - Ellis/Steeves

McCabe - Klingberg
Lagesson - Liljegren
Lajoie/Petro - Timmins

See I still wouldn't call him one of the best centers. He's a very good one but not one of the best in the league. Matthews, yes. Tavares no.
But I said he was one of the best players, not centers.

You laughed at being top 30 among all scorers.

I'm adding for you that he was also top 15 among centers.

Back