• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

This was entirely predictable - Weber might not play next season

Hamilton, or Tyson Barrie as a consolation prize even though his defensive play has declined (not sure what happened there, he was decent defensively in Colorado and good defensively when he played here in Kelowna; since he went to TO.....blah).

Perhaps MB can cheaply acquire a decent RHD from a team that is having roster issues for the expansion draft; lots of possibilities here! Speaking of which, guess Bergy no longer has to debate about which D-man to protect: Chiarot or Edmundson...now he can protect both

Now is the time to black mail Nashville into giving us a good asset for cheap to put Weber on the LTIR so they wont get shafted with a huge dead space cap hit like Minny will be doing after releasing Pairise and Suter!

Hamilton, or Tyson Barrie as a consolation prize even though his defensive play has declined (not sure what happened there, he was decent defensively in Colorado and good defensively when he played here in Kelowna; since he went to TO.....blah).

Perhaps MB can cheaply acquire a decent RHD from a team that is having roster issues for the expansion draft; lots of possibilities here! Speaking of which, guess Bergy no longer has to debate about which D-man to protect: Chiarot or Edmundson...now he can protect both

Now is the time to black mail Nashville into giving us a good asset for cheap to put Weber on the LTIR so they wont get shafted with a huge dead space cap hit like Minny will be doing after releasing Pairise and Suter!
Yeah, I think it's crazy to not get some sort of return from Nashville. It's in their best interest to have him working for them so they can do their best to keep him from retiring.

This might explain why Shea seemed so emotional at his last press conference with Carey Price, perhaps he knew that this was his last run. If so, glad it was a good one!

The Habs org is going for the kill - they are better positioned now cap wise + wealth wise vs every other NHL team except Seattle, and they know it.

$ can overcome lots & lots of misery associated w playing in the Mtl market

The Habs org is going for the kill - they are better positioned now cap wise + wealth wise vs every other NHL team except Seattle, and they know it.

Bergevin's plan coming into fruition

For sure, way back in 2009, nobody had one of the top UFAs (Cammalleri) signing with the Habs yet he did! They can throw the money they save on Weber at Hamilton and who knows?

this might be a minor technicality but Habs still have to ice enough talent to make the playoffs before they can access $20M of LITR money for a playoff run.

Exactly , it’s funny how people are crapping on TB with the Kucherov

You lose a top 5 player for a year and your still a top regular season team

We will need a miracle to make the playoffs next year unless top notch players can be had for our LTIR players

Good luck , the market won’t be as bad as last year even with a flat cap

There are many more moving pieces this year , last year was completely frozen for USA teams

More options for big names to find homes that won’t include Montreal

Remember we will need money for Nick after this season .

I guess it's not just Tampa that gets to circumvent the cap. I can see Weber being healthy enough to play by the time the playoffs roll around a la Kucherov.

It is a copy cat league after all.

I guess it's not just Tampa that gets to circumvent the cap. I can see Weber being healthy enough to play by the time the playoffs roll around a la Kucherov.

It is a copy cat league after all.

Its been going on for a decade

Some teams do it to get to the cap floor or use LTIR like the Hawks and TB to win cups

All within league rules as BS as they are

Totally predictable, just like the last two years of the Price and Gallagher contracts (one of the reasons why I never got so bent about the Gally deal). I see a scenario where in 25-26, the team has the Weber, Price and Gally on LTIR for $24.85 million ($14.5 actual dollars).

Man I loved Weber and am totally sad about this. He is the closest thing we have ever had to the greatest defenseman in franchise history, Chris Chelios.

Reactions: CH1
this might be a minor technicality but Habs still have to ice enough talent to make the playoffs before they can access $20M of LITR money for a playoff run.
depends on the goal

shane wright come on down

Jones is not coming here bro....

Unless you overpay more than every other team....and even then, some teams have leverage (taxes, weather, lifestyle).

Totally predictable, just like the last two years of the Price and Gallagher contracts (one of the reasons why I never got so bent about the Gally deal). I see a scenario where in 25-26, the team has the Weber, Price and Gally on LTIR for $24.85 million ($14.5 actual dollars).

Man I loved Weber and am totally sad about this. He is the closest thing we have ever had to the greatest defenseman in franchise history, Chris Chelios.

Not even close to top 10 in our history

Back